• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 not working with Mac OS X Catalina.

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina) Adobe Digital Editions will not allow me to open books downloaded from the public library.  Error message insists that the "device is not authorized".  I have followed all the instructions from the ereader manufacturer (Kobo) on "re-setting" the device, de-authorizing and re-authorizing the device and still the same problem.  

I factory reset the device and still no solution.

I downloaded an older version of ADE version 3.0 and Catalina will not recognize 32-bit apps - only 64-bit apps.

Any suggestions from people who have had this same experience since updating to Catalina?

TOPICS
ACSM files , ADE authorization , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an Apple Computer with an M1 chip running the latest macOS version, then the following procedure should solve any downloading problems from a public library you may be experiencing. (It is mainly a summary from the suggestions proposed in the 23 replies submitted so far).

1) Change the name of your Digital Editions folder in the Documents folder (eg  shorten to Dig Ed)  This will preserve any existing book titles you want to keep.

2) Open Finder and hold down the Option key while accessing the Go menu. Library will appear in the list of available options (under Home). Click on the following links in order: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions

Drag activation.dat and any other files that may be lurking in Digital Editions to Bin. ie Delete them from the computer!

3) Delete all versions of Adobe Digital Editions from your Applications folder.

4) Download Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 from the Adobe website.

5)When you first open the app, click on Help/Authorise Computer. Select Adobe id from the long list of registration options. You must now create a new identity, email address and password for yourself. Anything less will be rejected by the Adobe administration. You must use an email address you have never registered with Adobe before (Your Apple id perhaps?). Change your name! (a slight change in the spellings should do) and invent a completely new password.

Your computer will be authorised almost immediately.

6) Log in to your Public Library acccount and select a book to download that you have not previously downloaded on to any of your Apple devices. This book will now appear on the Library page of ADE 4.5 ready for transfer to your Kobo ereader or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PROBLEM SOLVED ON MAC

I had the same problem and could not install ADE 3.0 on my MAC Big SUR.

I finally succeded to solve the issue using the following steps :

- Deactivate authorisation on your Kobo device with ADE 4.5 on your MAC and delete books that can't be opened.

- Install ADE 3.0 on a Window 10 computer (You can install a windows machine on your MAC with Parallels desktop).

- Activate authorisation on your Kobo device with ADE 3.0

- Install a few books with ADE 3.0 and check they can open.

- Go back to ADE 4.5 on your Mac and try to install some books. They should open normally on your Kobo.

- Don't deactivate the authorization on your Kobo with ADE 4.5 as this might be the source of the problem.

-----------------------------------------------

PROBLÈME RÉSOLU SUR MAC

J'ai eu le même problème et je n'ai pas pu installer ADE 3.0 sur mon MAC OS Big Sur.

J'ai finalement réussi à résoudre le problème en suivant les étapes ci-après :

- Désactiver l'autorisation sur l'appareil Kobo avec ADE 4.5 sur votre MAC et supprimer les livres
qui ne peuvent pas s'ouvrir.
- Installez ADE 3.0 sur un ordinateur Windows 10 (vous pouvez installer une machine Windows
sur votre MAC avec le Parallels desktop).
- Activez l'autorisation sur votre appareil Kobo avec ADE 3.0 sous windows
- Installez quelques livres et vérifiez qu'ils peuvent s'ouvrir.
- Revenez à ADE 4.5 sur votre Mac et essayez d'installer des livres. Ils devraient s'ouvrir normalement
sur votre Kobo.
- Ne désactivez pas l'autorisation sur votre Kobo avec ADE 4.5 car cela pourrait être la source
du problème.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in same situation. When you resolv this problem, please, inform here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had problems for a long time with ADE and Catalina and got by with the workaround mentioned here, but on a second computer I recently updated to Monterey and ADE seems to be working perfectly! Yeah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a problem with Adobe Digital Edition when I loaded Sonoma 14.1. The guidance on the website was to exclude authorization by going to FIDER to find the library. But this screen doesn't appear, because the finder doesn't display everything. The trick is to press option in the finder and the indicated folder will appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines