• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions does not sync across devices

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the product descriptions and several FAQs I found, it is an alleged feature that when I download media and open it in Digital Editions on, say, my PC, it should sync to my Digital Editions (same ID) on other devices like my tab.

I have 'auto-download' enabled. But this syncing doesn't seem to be happening. (Concrete example: I downloaded two library books to ADE on my PC with the same ID I use on my tab, but these books are not showing up on my tablet. The two books that are in my ADE library on the tab are also not showing up in the ADE library on my PC.) I also don't see any 'sync now' button or similar.

What am I missing, why is this feature not working?

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mi último problema con adobe es que tengo un problema en el idioma español que he convertido videos de youtube al español https://convertidor.live/, pero luego no se reproduce correctamente.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Digital Editions on two Apple devices (one iMac one MacBook), having both computers authorised with my Adobe ID. Technically it should be expected that all the highlights I am making while reading the books of my digital library are displayed on both devices. But it isn't so, and there is also no feature to sync manually. By and large among the digital reading apps ADE is by far the poorest in terms of general usabilty and especially in terms of syncing. I have avoided it as much as possible but sometimes acsm-format is still around. I really hope I can leave behind ADE as soon as possible but find it still embarassing that a big company like Adobe offers such a poorly thought through and poorly working tool, which obviously also nobody there seems to care about at all (issues reported here in 2016 are unresolved in 2021).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous! Nearly FIVE years after this problem was reported and it still DOES NOT WORK! What a joke! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE IN MARCH 2021. Embarassing Customer support. The app doesn't do what it says it does, yall shouldn't expect customers if you aren't going to pay any attention to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still not working! MARCH 2021!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and the strange thing is that ir works  with some items - but not with all. My impresseion: works with items that are strongly protected by DRM (e.g. books from a public library where the licence expires)

On the other hand: as long as it is possible to copy the .ePub-file to another device and import it there it is not a big deal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I withdraw "not a big deal": I forgot that notes, comments etc. are not synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am testing this feature now and still not working. 

Could this following work?

Keeping the .acsm in the same folder on the clound such the PC and mobile apps have access to the same folder and read the .acsm from that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an answer. It's quite clear that Adobe don't care. They don't care about their products, their customers, or how they are perceived as a company. It's pretty sad, really.

im now looking for a different reader that I can use for these files. Adobe can go....themselves as far as I'm concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the suport and they told me that this app is free and is no support for this and I should look at the comunity for anwser -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they don't give a fig whether it works or not, why bother offering it at all? Certainly doesn't incourage me to invest in any of their paid products down the line. Makes you wonder if they ever heard of the notion of PR...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user, still not working, MAY 2021!!! It's been YEARS and this has yet to be addressed - ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel like most of my time is spent sorting out issues with Adobe software these days. My school textbook will not sync on any of the devices that I need to take into the classroom. Kinda ridiculous when that's the point of having an eReader. I can't use the file on anything else because it's attached to my Adobe ID. This is just ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the app in my laptop and my cellphone (samsung Note10+) and the sync feature didn't work either... Think Adobe it's Ok just with .pdf files. Maybe they're missing something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. AUGUST 2021! After reading the entire thread, realized the only way so far is to copy the file from the original device and then try to open it in the secondary device, ADE or Aldiko will work. Notes, comments, bookmarks will not be sync'ed. Adobe should fix this, but I ain't holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now using google's play books for Epubs. They sync, can upload my own books and even using a web browser for reading in any device (whithout the need of any downloaded app). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow since 2016 and not fixed. The only reason am using Adobe is becaue othewise i can't read the research book I purchased. That is the only reason. The app on the Mac is so buggy and sync does not work at all so forced to continue working on the Mac even when am away. Since this has been going on since 2016, there's no need to hope it will be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is obvious Adobe will not fix this... They will only fix it if they will put a PRICE tag or subscription on it. GOOGLE PLAY BOOKS seems the only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well luckily the books i bought were frrom ebooks.com. They have an online reader and that has really helped me. I can annotate the books and access them across any device as that has a browser. Sync is instantaneous. Issue I see is if I don't find a book in future that is protected on ebooks.com. So, have moved away from Adobe. Have not tried Google Books before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Go to https://www.bluefirereader.com/bluefire-reader.html

-Download Bluefire Reader (use Firefox, as it might not download through Chrome)

-Install it, open it, and import the pdf's from "Documents - MyDigitalEditions" (the pdf's are locked there, but by importing them through Bluefire Reader, you should be able to read them).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 22, 2021 - not working. How can the moderators and Adobe just ignore this thread without at least providing some type of answer? I feel like I just got scammed after buying this book. Kobo seems to work but I have less than 1 hour to download the book on my devices and I need to buy a new tablet so I'll be stuck not being able to use my tablet to read this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 2021 and synch is still not working! I've just downloaded the books again from Borrowbox to a laptop  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue seems related. I have been using ADE on my iMac for years, without problem. I bought a new MacBook recently and installed ADE, and authorized it. Nothing synced until I rebooted, and then I watched the 12 (approx) most recent additions sync to the new laptop. But nothing more; there should be 57.  I was able to manually move over one epub by copying the file manually (finder to the Digital Editions folder) and then adding the book within the app.  The item info suggests that I have permission for only one copy, but it looks like I synced one book with a limit of one, but could not sync other books that said the same thing. Also at least 2 of the books that won't sync are epubs that have no restrictions on copying.

This thread has been around for years, and I tried to follow the advice here. But I can't find a "refresh" button on my MacOS devices running ADE 4.5.11.

When the 12 books started loading to the new laptop, the display seemed to show a count of 13 then 12 then 13 then 12 for a few seconds, when it settled down to 12. I tried restarting the app and then rebooting the MacBook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, this post is timestamped Dec 28, 2022. I hope that doesn't mean nobody will see it until then.;-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2022 and still not fixed lol. Im moving to Google Books. RIP Digital Editions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines