Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions mandatory updates for iOS and Android

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the change

Due to some security constraints, the certificate on Adobe ADE Activation server must be changed.

This will impact all existing ADE (v4.5.10) iOS and Android installations. As a result, users may not be able use their Readers.

What is the error

You may receive the following error during the activation of ADE v4.5.10 or lower versions in iOS and Android platforms.

ade-error-message.png

Solution

Update ADE iOS and Android to the latest versions available in apple Apps store and Google Play store respectively.

If you are using ADE v4.5.10 or lower versions, update to the version v4.5.11 or above.

TOPICS
ACSM files , Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laura. I'm using Windows 10. I went to Settings, then Apps and uninstalled ADE. I then re-installed from the Adobe website (saying 'YES' in the box asking whether I wanted this program to change my PC). I am the administrator of the PC, so I authorised the new ADE (user name) with my email address. The program added my Adobe ID number. Note my 'authorised' address had a 'tic' next to it saying it was my default ID (and a tick in the bottom left corner). I could then dowload books. Note that when I opened ADE ALL my books borrowed appeared, current (with title page) AND past (as a grey box. I have to close 'All Items' and just open the 'Borrrowed' bookshelf in Kobo to then transfer to KOBO. The key was to uninstall/re-install correcrtly, the authorise using the PCs administrators email until I got the 'default' tick - this took me over 20 tries!!, so persist. I also contacted Bolinga, England, who own BorrowBox, and told them about ADE not functioning (I had fixed it before they replied). Pressure the third party users of ADE; at least their tech team might help you if my way doesn;t work for you. Good luck, garry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is similar to one I encountered in Oct 2022 but different error message.  Tho you are on a different OS I believe Adobe changed something in ADE or a dependency process changed in other supporting sw.  My ADE 4.5.11.187303 worked fine on 3ea Win10Pro(64) PCs but only about 50% on 2ea Win7Pro(x86 & 64) PCs.  The only solution I have found is to revert back to ADE 3.0.86137 which works 100% on the Win7 PCs I tried.  I haven't pursued it further now I have it working on Win7 installations.

However, it would be very nice if someone can come up with and report an alternative to ADE in converting downloaded library books in .acsm to .epubs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version 3.0 suddenly stopped working this week. It will still download books from my library but  the program hangs once it's completed the download and the screen where all the thumbnails used to show is now. I'm on a PC with Windows 10. Anyone have any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Saurav.

I have been using ADE 4.5.11 since mid-2020. It stopped accepting downloads from BorrowBox two weeks ago. By  the number of user complaints posted this is a global Adobe problem (I'm in Melbourne, Aus). Adobe offers no help, stating as it's free sofrware users are on their own.

I encourage all disaffected users of ADE to contact the third party suppliers, such as BorrowBox (even their local library) to encourage them to put some pressure on Adobe to remedy the problem they created on their Activation server. I have no idea how many programs/businesses rely on ADE to be able to download publications, or how companies like Kobo will be significantly commercially downgraded.

I URGE all users who are affected to contact the third-party business's now crippled by ADE's 4.5.11 crash (eg. BorrowBox, Kobo) and inform them of the situation and request that they advocate strongly on behalf of their customers (ie. us) for Adobe to rectify the problem they created. A big commercial business may not listen to a single/many disapointed user, but they may take action when other large commercial entities complain that they have to re-design their business processes or take their licence agreements elsewhere.

This shouldn't remain a 'user' problem, and ADE being free software is no excuse for Adobe taking no corporate responsiblity (eg. offering no technical support). Adobe's fine reputation of reliability and customer service needs to be urgently restored. So, Adobe, please act, and fix this problem. Good luck everyone .       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kan geen boeken meer downloaden in de online bibliotheek. Geeft aan licentie fout. Heb alles geprobeerd maar ik kan ADE niet verwijderen bv Kan computer niet de-autoriseren . In Register-editor regedit kan ik de sleutel van ADE ook niet verwijderen .Is er telefoonnummer voor ondersteuning in Hollands?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines