• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't authorize Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discarded my old MacBook Air and bought a new one. I have to authorize Adobe Digital Editions on my new MacBook Air in order to be able to download and read books from the public library.

But before I can do that I have to de-authorize Adobe Digital Editions on my old MacBook Air. The problem is that my old MacBook Air does not exist anymore.

I’d be grateful for good advice.

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It seems I ended the 6 activation rights on my previous devices (PCs, smatphones an tablet not more available). An Adobe FAQ explains that it is possible to ask support to reset the activations and this allows the user to restart to activate the available devices but, when I called the support via chat to ask for the reset, they told me that Adobe Digital Editions in not any more supported and they can't reset any more the activations. They suggested to open a new Adobe Account. Unfortunately this means that I can't open any more on the present PC my ebook bought with the old Adobe Id.  I consider this approach very unfair. Unfortunately, at the present time I have not found any alternative to Adobe Digital Editions to process .ascm files and obtain .epub files. withe DRM protection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for sharing this information. Very interesting!

--

Björn Dickson
--
Mobil +46-(0)708-533 122
--
Adress:
Sjökvarnsbacken 12
SE-131 71 NACKA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines