Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't navigate book

Feb 19, 2015 Feb 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded a book, but can't turn pages, or navigate book via table of contents. I had a similar issue with another textbook reader and I had to change my preferences to 'use software based rendering' but I can't see how to change preferences in Digital Editions.

Thanks,

Danielle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to navigate in "Getting Stated" epub2 which will be present in ADE ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 23, 2015 Feb 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are not able to reproduce the navigation issue that you mentioned here.

For the time being, you can download our partner software from:

Bluefire Productions: Promote and sell eBooks with your own Reading App on Windows

Authorize the software with Adobe ID that you used in ADE during the book download process.

Add the book into bluefire software: File->Add to library. [you can find your book in C:\users\.......\Documents\ My Digital Editions\ ]

Hope this works !!

By the time, we are trying to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for being patient !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

in 2021.

Six years later.

have you reproduced the problem yet that *many* of your users are having?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also tried Bluefire Reader and it does the same thing...page will not turn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved the problem? I am having the same problem, no scrolling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you solved a problem? I cannot move pages on pdf or ebubs no win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Windows 10, last version ADE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new hp ENVY, 17". Win 10. Believe me, I authorized and deauthorised, installed uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times... Nothing...

I spent 2 days on that thing, Nothing. I called Adobe, they wouldn't help. Some online help people were nicer and tried, but they do the same thing we do, read the forums. I am not sure they can help... The support team that initially develod the program all moved on and I found them on linkedin in management positions... and they didn't train or hire anyone to help us, regular people, with our stupid ebooks and epubs trying to give our kids education so that they don't end up poor. The only way around it is to remove the time security on the files-DRM (research it thorough, there are programs that do that), and make them independent and then use other epub software to see Epub files and another to see PDFs, while keeping ADE as a Receiver. They are not updating it, and by the way support staff was talking they are on the way to discontinue it , like a flash. I don't know why local libraries don't get the message. Please let me know if you found a solution. It is ineresting, as there are some PDFs that ADE would open...I tried to compare the preferences of that file to the other files... nothing, no difference. There has to be....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a brand new Windows 10 computer not even a month old.

this is a *useless* product that too many libraries are still using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to have the same problem (using Win11 / DE 4.5.11.187303).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines