• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot choose Adobe Digital Editions as my acsm default

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to download books from my local library to Adobe Digital Editions. I was prompted to update to version 4.5 last week and did so. Prior to this, I had no problems downloading the books. Since then I have not been able to download to Adobe. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times and with three different versions of Adobe Digital Editions. I have been directed by my local library to go to Default Programs and reset the ascm. For whatever reason, my computer will allow me to choose any other program on my computer except Adobe Digital Editions. I cannot select Adobe Digital Editions as the program to download to book to.  I've tried other programs such as Calibre and my computer will allow me to set the acsm for Calibre. However, my library does not format books for that program, so Adobe Digital Editions is my only option. I've been working at this for about five days and don't know what to do. Hopefully someone can help me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a lot of books I want to read over the holidays

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here now in 2020, I was able to FINALLY resolve this with help from this site: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/cant-add-program-to-open-with-menu-list-windows/. Step 3 pointed to examining HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\DigitalEditions.exe\shell\open\command and low and behold the path contained an older 4.0 version. Once this was edited to "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 4.5\DigitalEditions.exe" "%1" ADE not only appeared as a choice but became the default. As mentioned before from someone else, previously I could manually select the program in FireFox but not chrome or set associations or open with... This fixed everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem lately, but unlike everyone else seemingly on this forum, I'm trying to read books on my smartphone, not a desktop computer. iOS 13.3.1.... Adobe Digital Editions 4.5.11

i supposed that I should be happy thT I can at least MANUALLY direct my iPhone to open the .acsm in the app, given how severe some people's issues with this godawful software is (pages won't turn, app won't open, endless authorization blesses etc etc)...but it's still a pain, when I used to be able to just download the PDF from the library and it would (wow!!) automatically open itself IN Adobe Digital Editions... it's a bunch of extra steps now to get that to happen. 
is there anyone who uses an iPhone on here...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines