Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions - An application from the digital stone age

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I recently bought a book that only came in the ACSM fromat. I had to install Digital Editions in order to be able to read the book. But the application seems to be a product developped back in the 90's where touch screens didn't exist. Navigation via the touch screen is basically not possible and also with the keyboard it is only possible to use the PgUp/PgDn buttons. Continous scrolling is impossible and also the arraw key have no functionality. I see that there have been created posts already more than six (6!!!!!) years ago pointing into the same direction. Obviously Adobe has not the intention, to release a versio of Digital Editions, which that brings improvements in the usabiliy. The product cannot be found on the products page, only in the support community, which proves, that Digital Editions is dead.

Question: Is there a way, to convert a book so it can be opened with any modern application (e.g. DrawboardPDF)? In DrawboardPDF, I get an edit box where I can enter a password, but obviously the AdobeId password is not accepted.

TOPICS
ACSM files , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely idiotic that it doesn't support touch screens. Well done Adobe you always prove why I hate your products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines