Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS ...?!

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2009 Nov 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had problems during activation process of Adobe Digital Edition after purchasing DRM ebooks and have had to reinstall the program several times.
So, finaly I was able to authorize one of my computers for reading those docuemnts, but following message is coming up now when trying to authorize my laptop:
"E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS http:\\adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 3:6003:6003 urn:uuid:8de1d0ea-ba6a-4297-9961-c4b6528a9cea"

After a first chat on 03.NOV.2009 looking for assistance, I was just forwarded to call the Technical Support.

And after my call on 04.NOV.2009 to the Technical Support, I was informed about escalation and was just placed to wait for their contact and final solution.

But unfortunately, then I was informed on 17.NOV.2009 about this new procedure to get a solution.

As far as I have learned, an activation reset of my Adobe's account would be necessary to resolve this program failure.

For your reference, my laptop is a HP Pavillion dv2000 and the Norton Internet Security 2009 tool is installed on it for protection.

I will really appreciate your support with this issue for being able to read my new ebooks on the laptop as soon as possible!

Thank you very much in advance!

Joaquin Sangenis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2009 Dec 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luke,

1.) You just submitted your case, I usually won't get involved unless it has been a week since the initial submission date.

2.) In your case the error message is absolutely correct.  You have activated your allotted count of computers and will need to wait to get more activations.

So you will have much better luck with support who is likely not to notice this, than with me (and I'll be nice and not just suggest to support that they should close this out).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2009 Dec 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Can you reset my accounts: Case #0181335273   Please! All my books are somewhere i can't go...

Ed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You submitted your case yesterday, and it is currently marked as pending customer action, meaning

that they are waiting on information from you to complete this.

As I said previously ( and in this thread), I generally won't get involved until support has dropped the ball.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jim

thanks for give me 2 activations back, that is really help alot. Do i still need to wait the support people to reset my activations?  Or can you do it for me? I just dont want to bother you again in the future, cause i already used 1 up, and i plan to use other 1 on my laptop. it is a big chance i will bother you again when i reinstall my windows.

thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were you, I would leave the case open, and support may reset it to 6 activations.

Note that in lieu of having deactivations increase your activation count, your total activation count slowly increases over time, to take care of what we consider a normal rate of machine turnover (any particular machine should last a little over 2 years), so unless you reinstall windows tomorrow you may not have to contact support or me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue

When you launch Adobe Digital Editions 1.x on Windows, you may be asked to authorize the product. This causes the error "E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS." This error indicates that all of the authorizations allowed for Digital Editions on that machine have been used.

In some case you may also not be receiving this error but may have run out of activations after switching machines or replacing hardware.

Reason

This is a known issue with Digital Editions 1.x that effects a very small number of users. Adobe is investigating the cause of the issue but does not have a firm solution at this time (August 2008).

Solution

In addition to using the following workaround to allow your machine to launch Digital Editions 1.x, if you have received the error "E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS", you will also need to open an Adobe Support web case and ask that your activation count be reset. To open a Digital Editions 1.x Technical Support web case, please use the contact links at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions.

If you are opening a case, please provide us with a system info file. This file will be used by Adobe to help try to find a common element causing this issue for all Adobe Digital Editions users.

Note: It would also be helpful to note (in your case submission) the brand of your machine, plus please list any spyware/malware or security tools that are installed. For example, if you have any McAfee products installed, or spyware tools such as Lavasoft's Ad-aware.

To generate a Windows XP System info file:

1. Choose Start menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information.
  2. In the System Information menu, choose File > Save.
  3. Save the system information as a system information file. This will export an .NFO file.
  4. Put the .NFO file inside a .ZIP archive and attach it to the web case when you open the case.

If you have trouble creating a ZIP archive, you may FTP the file to Adobe Support. Please see
    www.adobe.com/support/crm_portal/ssi/ftpinfo.html for more information.

Note: the system information file may contain information that is not relevant to this issue and that you do not wish to share with Adobe. If so, you may want to exclude that information from the file that you send.
Troubleshooting your machine

The root cause of this issue is something installed in your user profile that is effecting Digital Editions. While we do have a temporary workaround, it is in your best interest to troubleshoot your machine to determine the cause and resolve the issue.

To troubleshoot, use the procedures in "Disable startup items and services (Windows XP)" (TechNote kb404984). Disable all startup items, and then restart and launch Digital Editions. If Digital Editions launches without requesting activation then you know that one of the startup items is the root cause. You can then selectively disable startup items and retest to determine which startup item is the problem.

While troubleshooting, you must use a workaround to run Adobe Digital Editions to read ebook content. You can also use this workaround if you do not wish to troubleshoot.

To temporarily work around this issue:

1. Open a support case and have your authorization count reset if necessary.
  2. Select Start > Control Panel.
  3. Double-click User Accounts.
  4. Create a new user account with Administrative privileges. If you are uncertain how to do this see Microsoft KB article "How to create and configure user accounts in Windows XP."
  5. Log out of your primary account.
  6. Log in to the new user account.
  7. Launch Internet Explorer. If you prefer to use another browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, you may need to reinstall that browser in the new user account.
  8. Install Adobe Digital Editions 1.x to the new account, from http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/. .
  9. Launch and authorize Digital Editions using the same Adobe ID you used on the other account.

Adobe will continue to research a solution to this problem, and will post a solution as soon as possible. Until a solution is found, you will need to log in to your new account to use Digital Editions. Please watch this TechNote for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restoring my e-reader Kobo, Adobe digital edition  displays, "E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS" . I need reset activation count. Please help me. mattiazambrini@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same prob here:

E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS Error when trying to authorize an E-Reader after factory reset

could you please reset the ID?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines