• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

epub books will not remove from my library

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I remove an epub book from the Digital Editions library on my laptop? (and make them stay removed)

"Remove from Library" only removes the item from the current list until I close ADE. The books re-appear when I open ADE.

I can't open the books in ADE (some type of glitch), and I can't make them go away.

It makes no difference whether I have "Library Sync" option marked or not marked.

I can't find another option in the ADE menu to remove them. I have not been able to find them online to try removing them from the cloud directly.

I can't return them to the library outside of the ADE software, but I can't open them in ADE to return them  

fyi, The time stamps on the books in ADE match the time on my laptop.

Any ideas ... ?  Thank you.

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2015 Nov 25, 2015

Its a problem with the newest version. Uninstall and install Herunterladen | Adobe Digital Editions the 3.0 Version and remove the files. The Files should not appear again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved:

1. remove everthing from CloudSync

2. write protect CloudSync ("$ chmod 0 CloudSync" on macos/linux)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with this same issue and I just discovered that in my case, the culprit was OneDrive. Everything was duplicated there. I deleted the My Digital Editions from my OneDrive folder and everything disappeared from ADE! But it was all still in my primary Documents/My Digital Editions, and I added them back. It gave me a message about library books for which no loan was found, but it DIDN'T add them back into my list of books in ADE. It's finally showing the correct titles. Will it last? Hopefully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, but it removed some books I still wanted as well. Had to recover them from the OneDrive recycle bin. One Drive is a menace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines