• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error. Check Activation.

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, although my computer is authorized to read content through ADE, when I try to open E-Books I get the 'Error.  Check Activation" message.  I have seen online that erasing authorization and reauthorizing is one solution, but I'm not sure what to enter for VendorID and password.  Is there a way to recover this information?  Are there other solutions here?

Best,

Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Windows:

Close all applications.

Choose Start > Run.

In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.

In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

Select the Adept key.

Choose File > Export.

In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.

Right-click the Adept

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2016 Aug 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must remove the compelte adept folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, this was the critical missing part from the original instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10.  There is no Start button.  How do I find the Registry Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2017 Jan 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Windows 10 user here and I just spend about a half an hour following the 'exact steps' from the 'correct answer' and was getting very frustrated, so I decided to try following the Italian steps by using the Italian translation that also provided a screen shot and solved the problem in about 5 minutes. So, if you are using Windows 10 the correct answer is mostly right, but following it exactly will end up making you want to throw your computer out and go live in the mountains as a hermit.

Follow the steps to get into the Registry Editor. Once in there, only work in the box on the left-hand side, you don't need to do anything in the right-hand box. I have done a screen shot of the file you want to export and then delete. Once again, you only need to work in the smaller left side box of the Editor. The file is highlighted in the screen shot.

AdobeActivationReg.JPG

So, the path as you can see is: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adept\Activation

That is what you want to export and then delete. Once you've done that follow the rest of the instructions and you should be on your way to reading your digital books again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I get the same error when trying to download the freebee books or samples from Adobe website.

I had about 4 books from ADE version 3.0 and had not used the system in a long time.

I installed ADE version 4.5.6 and my old 4 books are there, but I can not download new ones?

Since my previous authorization was with a now-defunct email account I decided to update my Adobe account ID with my new email address and re-try (thinking that maybe it was due to not having a active email account for my Adobe id). .. Same problem ......"Error! Check Activation!"

I do NOT want to lose authorization for my old books, so will the method to fix the above issue solve the problem for me?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to say thanks.  It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines