• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Adobe Digital Editions Won't Launch [2016]

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10. Adobe Digital Editions was working. Then I had a computer crash and now it won't even launch. I click on it and nothing happens.

I've tried restarting the computer.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Digital Editions. The reinstall appeared to be successful but it still won't start.

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 20, 2016 Feb 20, 2016

It briefly worked after I disabled driver signature enforcement. Then stopped working again (possibly because it turned back on?).

Anyway, I installed the old version, Adobe Digital Editions 3.0, and that seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this work for me as well.... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. Thanks. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restore was greyed out for me, but Maximize worked.  It's full screen but at least it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It was hiden only!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this worked for me (after trying everything else for about 2 days)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Option 3 worked for me. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This is the only thing that is working for me, but its weird and annoying that i have to do this every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Juan, worked great after spending hours before your tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another tip:  I have found that if ADE sticks on "loading library" switching off the computer/laptop then starting it again often helps ADE to launch properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same trouble, probably after a win10 update.

This worked for me. I write it in italian 🙂

Dopo giorni persi in tentativi qualsiasi (reinstallare, modificare chiavi di registro, ecc) ho trovato questa soluzione nel forum che per me ha funzionato subito (sarebbe simpatico se Adobe ce lo spiegasse).

1. in AppData>Local>Adobe_System_Incorporate

2. Eliminare la cartella "DigitalEdition.exe_Url_qyaa14c.... ecc."

3. Eseguire ADE 4.5 come amministratore

Someone needed before to rename MyDigitalEditions to OLDMyDigitalEditions, for me not necessary.

La cartella viene creata nuovamente ed il programma ha funzionato senza problemi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grazie Giannandrea, ha funzionato, tutti i altri consigli no,

Thanks Giannandrea , it was the solutio, all the other hints does not resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me when all other methods failed.  Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions still does not launch and now the version 3 of the software has been removed from Adobes websites. It is therefore no longer possible to authenticate ACSM files on windows and read the books we paid hard earned money for.

Fix the crappy software or make version 3 available again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE can't really be considered to "work" even if it does run. Run away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I did to be able to read my e-books that can only be opened by ADE;

NOTE: The e-books I own are redownloadable. If you think you might lose your e-book archieve and not acquire them  again, DON'T TRY THIS.

1. Been using 4.5.11, could not start the application at all on my Windows 10. - This is where my problems started.

2. Uninstall the 4.5.11, install the ADE 3 instead.

3. Deauthorize your computer using start->run; type "regedit"; find Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE;\Adobe\Adept; erase the Adept file only. This will deauthorize your computer.

4. Open ADE 3 and authorize your computer from Help->Authorize Computer by signing in.

5. Now redownload your e-books, and enjoy.

Hope this works for everybody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This finally worked!  Many thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me it helped to delete the user.config file, located in this folder C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\Adobe_Systems_Incorporate\DigitalEditions.exe_Url_qyaa14c3q2yckzgdtukp5ltfvp1pdpdu\2.0.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines