• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a Kobo authorization question, please!

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Kobo e-reader was functioning very well with Adobe and library books - then suddenly my content was locked! the message on my e-reader is that I need to authorize my e-reader with Adobe, but when I plug it in, Adobe does not offer me the option to set it up, it just appears in my library view.  I can't figure out how to re-authorize.  Can anyone help me?  I'm feeling a little desperate here!

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2011 Mar 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but found the solution per chat with an Adobe Rep online. To authorize the troubled kobo ereader with authorizing the Adobe ID, first have the kobo plug in PC, then  deauthorize the ADE on your PC using CTRL+SHFT+D, (yes you will loose your downloaded library ebooks but you can reload them back.) Next, double click ADE again, then the Setup Assistant" will appear..you DEAUTHORIZE" the computer..this way the ADE will detect the kobo ereader, then you activate the ADE with your Adobe ID, which will recognize your PC and the kobo ereader. Now reload your borrowed DRM library ebooks
to your PC and copy (drag and drop) to your kobo ereader. (You should be able to see the kobo ereader listed on the Adobe Digital Edition) Eject kobo ereader, and you should be able to read the DRM ebooks. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2012 Jan 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Mac user with two Kobo Touch eReaders and resolved the authorization issue thanks to this thread (and a bit of playing around). The first eReader authorized properly - the second did not. Even though Kobo #1 was proplerly ejected before disconnection, ADE got confused when I connected and tried to sync Kobo #2. It never brought up a second authorization request but Kobo #2's settings said it was authorized for my account. And, while it copied the library eBooks to it initially, it wouldn't allow me to view them on the Kobo. After much fiddling, I removed the eBooks from Kobo #2 and it wouldn't let me copy them back. I tried re-installing ADE and it still wouldn't work. I know, totally confusing.

Anyway, since we have more than one computer in the house, we did the following for simplicity's sake:

1. Reinstalled ADE on my Mac, which will be used with Kobo #1

2. Installed ADE on my husband's Mac using my account (which is linked to our local library card)

3. Did a Factory reset on Kobo #2

4. Synched Kobo #2 on husband's computer (this only worked AFTER we did the factory reset of the Kobo)

To avoid confusion, we're going to keep it this way. I could probably have both of them synched to my Mac, but I'd rather not go through that kind of headache again. (PS; setting up and reading library eBooks on my iPad was dead easy by comparison. Just FYI!)

Good luck, everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI

I was having these super frustrating problems as well and then I discovered this webpage. It fixed all of my issues. OverDrive | How to set Adobe Digital Editions to ope...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines