• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I/O Error

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2007 Jul 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Windows XP, Firefox, office network (with firewall, proxy)
Error Message: IOError on Network Request. Please check your network connection and try again. Network Path: htpp://... Error #2038

Please help. I originally had Adobe Reader 7, and I was perfectly able to download and view DRM-protected ebooks. However, since I upgraded to Adobe Reader 8 and Digital Editions, I can't view an ebook any more. I have limited privileges with the firewall, but this should not have been a problem since I was able to view the ebook before. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I am trying to download books from my library and I get a picture of the cover but a message that says Failed to Download Content.

Do you have any advice for me please?

I have been using the same method for ten years without problems, but now this is happening and I am losing hope.

I am not very good at this tech stuff so any help needs to be step by step instruction for dummies.

Thanks for reading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2007 Sep 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Martin,

I seem to be having the same problem. I have Windows Vista and I use firefox 2.0.0.6. I cannot complete my DRM activation and my Digital editions cannot open ebooks. I have had this for 2 weeks now and its becoming a problem as i need to access ebooks as part of my Bschool course.

The specific error i get in Digital Editions is "IO Error on Network request. Please check your network connection and try again"

I have been following this thread carefully and desperately need help.

~ Arvind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2007 Sep 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know I am generating some buzz. My understanding is that ADE does not need to be "activated" in the same sense as Reader 6.0 or 7.0. It activates upon installation. Installation should have created a Voucher folder in Library/application support/adobe/digital edition or similar. I am on the Mac. As I have pointed out our problem is that the voucher folder is never created therby no ebook downloads.

Adobe has also suggested that Firewalls are an issue. So check your firewall. I of course do not have a firewall!!!

Keep up on the thread for the latest info.

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2007 Oct 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continually have I/O problems and program crashing when Adobe Reader 8.1 tries to open a pdf file. I have WinXP, Office 2003 Firefox 2.0.0.8. I uninstall AR 8 and installed 8.1 and still have problem. george

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2007 Oct 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted George directly. Anyone else seeing this problem, please submit a support incident at www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2007 Nov 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm writing to you because I have a similar problem. Not that it has anything to do with DE but I'm not able to upload anything when using FLEX (also using Filereference to perform upload) on a MAC platform. The problem exist ONLY on a MAC platform not on Windows which I think suggests that is has nothing to do with DRM-protection or DE but merely the uploading procedure that somehow does not comply the MAC platform.

Please read my case on this link:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=585&threadid=1311564

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, do you have a solution for this problem??? I have the same on XP and I really need to solve it.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2007 Dec 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was to make sure there were no unusual characters in the names of my hard drive and subsequent files. Once I removed those characters everything ran smoothly. This issue will be addressed with the next release of ADE.

Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the latest Adobe Acrobat reader update I have not been able to view the newspaper scans I was previously able to see just a week ago from NewspaperArchive.com and it is very frustrating since I pay for their subscription. I am having the same identical freeze up on both IE7 and Firefox and my computer is XP. The page won't open and the pop of message for Adobe Reader says: A file I/O error has occurred. So what exactly do I have to do to resolve this problem and get it where the pages will open again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2008 Apr 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting Server IO Error when trying to edit or upload images on Photobucket. The page stalls and will not advance beyond 12% on their progress scale. I'm using Firefox, but IE has the same problem. This seemed to have happened post the latest Firefox update, but why would IE be affected?

Any ideas appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2008 Apr 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is happening to me as well...

http://www.themeparkcodes.com , http://www.disneylandsecrets.com , http://www.rentalcarscode.com , http://bathingape-bape.blogspot.com , http://nikedunksbs.blogspot.com , http://nikeairforceonekicks.blogspot.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing one different kind of issue
while uploading an empty file in my application i'm getting this error:
Error #2044: Unhandled IOErrorEvent:. text=Error #2038: File I/O Error.

for rest all kind of files its uploading fine, even if i add something in an empty file and try to upload its start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2008 May 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same error message with Photobucket. I have also tried using both IE and Firefox. Can someone help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same IO error (#2038: error on network request) and was just wondering whether a solution has been found? If not, what would anyone recommend I do with my eBooks since I can't open them???

Are there any temporary solutions to this? I don't have any non-English characters as far as I know (unless you have to check every single files and folders in your computer)by looking at my external.

Please help!! Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all..Anyone can help here?? Having trouble opening up pdf files from my IE8.0. I/O error! What's wrong? Appreciate the assistance here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2011 Feb 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I have been having the same problem.The ebooks donot open into the Adobe Digital Editions.

I am not knowledgable in technical jargan.So I cannot explain anything.

But I tried and found a solution.

When I get the error message it gives an error path also.I tried copying and pasting the pathway into my browser window  and downloaded  the book.It  opened in Adobe Digital Edition.

So,please try this and let me know if you succeed.

Best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines