Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Kobo Touch and Adobe

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a kobo Touch.

Software is up to date as of today. Adobe is up to date as of today.

I have books on it purchased from Kobo and they work just fine.

My issue is when I use Overdrive to download books and then load Adobe Digital Editions and transfer them to my Kobo, the books will show in the library but not open. I get an error message.

"Oops! This document count be opened......Digital Rights Management issue"

My kobo is registered with "account1".

My Adobe account is "account1". My computer is authorized with Adobe. My Kobo device has also been authorized using the same account "account1". Once I authorize it I get a message saying I can now share DRM books between the two devices.

However, once I open the book on the Kobo I am still getting the error message!!!

I have done 2 full factory resets to my kobo, powered on and off multiple times.

This is very frustrating. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Just wondering if many have been able to resolve this problem. I have worked on this off and on for a few months now, and still no luck. I just installed the Kobo update (4.5.9587) and was disappointed that it didn't work. Is anyone having success (and how was it achieved?!!).

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your post, I was going to ask if anyone had tried the latest update and it sounds as though it is still not fixed. I am still running on software from December 2015 using the fix I outlined above and can read library doing this, I would however like to be on the latest version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I think I spoke too soon. I am running the new Kobo software (v. 4.5 something - I can get the exact version if you need) and ADE 3.0 and I'm able to borrow library books. I can't recall exactly what I did, but I think it went something like this: install new Kobo software; deauthorize ADE from Kobo and computer and uninstall ADE; delete all epub files from the library that were on my computer; shut down computer; restart, install ADE 3.0, and authorize Kobo and computer. And there may have been some pixie dust involved - who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you know what version of Windows you are running? There seems to be some thought that Windows 10 is causing an issue which is what I am using, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 here also

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

At some point your Kobo lost the ability to manage DRM library books. I struggled for a very long time and eventually bit the bullet...... and uninstalled ADE 4.0.5 and reinstalled ADE 2.0.1. Since I did that everything has worked perfectly on a number of Kobos. I think it's the only solution until Kobo updates their software. I don't think that's going to happen soon since they haven't even acknowledge that there's a problem Good Luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I sent you the wrong message!! 🙂 That one was for someone else.

In answer to your question, it's not so much which version of Windows 10 but rather has the Creator Update been installed? Once the update is installed I have found no permanent fix. If you can still roll back the update that will solve the problem I'm told.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I find out if I have the Creator update installed, is that on my PC or on the Kobo? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem on and off for a while now.  Problem solved, I bought a Kindle.  The new Libby software that the libraries use transfers books over easily to Kindle.  It seems to just be a Kobo problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after trying absolutely everything for hours (in the past I've succeeded in opening an Overdrive borrowed book now and again, followed by another 'book block' a few books later), I've given up.

Soooo . . . no more messing around. I'm reading my latest borrowing using Libby on my iPad, and will have to think about changing to Kindle (pity, 'cause I kinda liked my Kobo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines