• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo Touch not opening a book transferred from Adobe Digital Editions 2.0

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book transferred fine from my public library to ADE on the computer and can be read there It appeared to transfer to my  Kobo Touch ok, but won't open there. Message on  the e reader is saying "This document is protected by Adobe Digital Rights Management and is not currently authorized for use with you Adobe ID. Please sign in again with your authorized Adobe ID again and try again". Adobe on my computer signs me in automatically and I don't know what else to do in that respect. I tried signing out of Kobo and setting it up again, but that didn't work either. Other library books have transferred to the e reader fine, so don't know why this one is different.  Many thanks.

TOPICS
Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like every time I post to a forum I solve my own problem...go figure.

After reading the above again I realized I had not tried a factory reset on the KOBO.  Hooray it all works again.

Sorry if I shot off my mouth too soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2016 Jun 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was having this issue with a Kobo Aura and ADE 4.5, driving me absolutely insane.  What worked was:

-Uninstall ADE 4.5 by dragging the application to the trash and emptying the trash

-Download and install ADE 3.0 (Kobo people say this is the version their product works with best)

-In ADE, de-authorize your Adobe ID by typing command-shift-D (on a Mac) or control-shift-D.  The Help menu option to erase authorization is greyed out, but these keystrokes let you do it.

-Re-authorize your Adobe ID (ADE Help menu).

Then everything works like it should.  Download the book from the library, transfer to Kobo, all smooth as silk.  Jesus Christ, why was that so hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2016 Aug 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Just did the same thing and it worked for my Kobo Glo HD. These were the following steps I undertook before I followed kickie's advice:

- Deauthorized Kobo device & Reauthorized through ADE 4.0

- Factory reset Kobo and logged back into Kobo account

- Uninstalled ADE 4.0 and installed ADE 3.0 (overdraft files would not even open on ADE 3.0.) ****** this is where I made my mistake.****

- Uninstalled ADE 3.0 and Installed ADE 4.5

- Deauthorized Kobo & Reauthorized through ADE 4.5

- Reauthorized computer (removed Adobe account from ADE 4.5), and logged back in

- Factory reset the device again. Updated device. Same issue.

- Read kickie's advice and realized I should have: Uninstalled ADE 4.5 and installed ADE 3.0, then deauthorized my Adobe Account and logged back in through ADE 3.0. (*sigh. I could have saved myself a bit of time here. Oh well.*)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. This problem has been driving me crazy, and your instructions worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  This worked for my Kobo mini too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why these actions helped but it did.  I recently changed my laptop, installed ADE 4.5 and then had the problem described in the 1st post with the 1st book I downloaded from the local public library.  Tried several times to unauthorize and reauthorize my laptop and my Kobo Mini but that did not help.  Also signing out of the Kobo Mini and signing in again did not help.

Finally I followed the instructions from "kickie."   My laptop is running Windows 10.

-First I made sure to remove the problem book from my Kobo and my PC ADE library.

-I also deleted the ebook's .epub file from the "My Digital Editions" directory.

-Uninstall ADE 4.5 by locating the uninstall.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Digital Editions 4.5 and running it (double-click)

-Download and install ADE 3.0

-In ADE, de-authorized the Adobe ID by typing control-shift-D.

-Re-authorized Adobe ID

-Re-run the .acsm file for the ebook to re-do the book download and add it to the laptop ADE library again.

-Connect the Kobo Mini to the laptop and copy the book to the Kobo Mini device again

Thanks to kickie and all others who replied to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're the man/woman! Now my Kobo Touch is totally working with my borrowed library books!! Thanks!

PS: Can't imagine is a versioning issue that plighted me for hours! Adobe or Kobo: Please do something about this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Kickie. Your instructions worked perfectly for my kobo mini. It seems that ADE 4.5 was the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE 3.0 was the fix for my Kobo Glo.HD. Installed 4.5 originally - authorization did not work no matter what I tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Kobo Touch.

Software is up to date as of today. Adobe is up to date as of today.

I have books on it purchased from Kobo and they work just fine.

My issue is when I use Overdrive to download books and then load Adobe Digital Editions and transfer them to my Kobo, the books will show in the library but not open. I get an error message.

"Oops! This document count be opened......Digital Rights Management issue"

My kobo is registered with "account1".

My Adobe account is "account1". My computer is authorized with Adobe. My Kobo device has also been authorized using the same account "account1". Once I authorize it I get a message saying I can now share DRM books between the two devices.

However, once I open the book on the Kobo I am still getting the error message!!!

I have done 2 full factory resets to my kobo, powered on and off multiple times.

****AFTER READING THIS THREAD*********

I had Adobe 4.5 - I unauthorized kobo and computer and uninstalled.

I downloaded Adobe 3.0 and reauthorized the computer and the device. I downloaded a NEW book from the Library (Overdrive) and transferred it to ADE and then transferred it to my device. I can see it on my device as "new" but no picture shows up....it's just a black book. I get the same "Oops!" error as before.

SO........

I unauthorized kobo and computer and uninstalled Adobe 3.0

I downloaded Adobe 2.0 and reauthorized the computer and the device. I downloaded a NEW book from the Library (Overdrive) and transferred it to ADE and then transferred it to my device. I can see it on my device as "new" but no picture shows up....it's just a black book. I get the same "Oops!" error as before.

IT WON'T WORK!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your instructions worked for me kickie. Switching to ADE 3.0. But also had to re-authorize my Kobo touch.  I would suggest to  keep a list of all these fixes. Seems every time I have a problem, a different solution fixes it.

WAKE UP ADOBE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines