• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kobo won't open library book because eReader was previously deauthorized [2018]

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Kobo Glo and I am now getting the following error message "Your eReader is not authorized to open this book. Because you previously deauthorized your eReader, you need to reimport the book using ADE". I have tried reimporting the book, and even returning the book and then reborrowing it before reimporting it to my Kobo. I have tried deauthorizing the reader and then reauthorizing it before reimporting it to my Kobo. Deauthorizing and reauthorizing my Kobo worked a couple of times, but not any longer. I have uninstalled my version of ADE and downloaded and installed the latest version. I have contacted Adobe and they checked my Adobe account and authorizations and was told that I still have unused activations and my authorizations appear to be in order. I can read my books on my MacBook using ADE, and I can even read them using ADE when I click on my Kobo icon in ADE sidebar and open the book. ADE seems to be working as advertised, but my Kobo is not cooperating. I have contacted Kobo as well and they say it's an ADE issue and will not discuss it further. I have not done a factory reset on my Kobo as I don't want to lose all my purchased eBooks. I have checked out a few threads regarding similar issues, but none with my particular error message. Any suggestions are appreciated as I feel I have tried everything, save a Kobo reset, or trashing the Kobo altogether. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Hi,

I spent hours trying to get my Kobo Aura HD to open a library book I borrowed through Overdrive and I can confirm that the issue is with Adobe Digital Editions (in particular v. 4.5) and indirectly with Kobo and Overdrive because none of them care enough to create a long-term solution. I'm running Windows 10. After trying and failing to get a number of the posted solutions to work I stumbled across something that worked for me and my ancient Kobo. I hope these steps will work for others, and

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 106 Replies 106
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again, I just thought I'd post again to keep the chain going. I forgot my own advice and had to re-read these posts. So, this time:

1. Right click on books and 'Remove from library' for both ADE and Kobo EXCEPT one expired book (I'm not sure about this but I'm going to try it).

2. Download the books I wanted to borrow + 1 fresh book.

3. Drag ALL books from ADE to Kobo in ONE go.

Worked!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep at least one expired book on my Kobo. I always click and drag more than one book from ADE to Kobo. Haven't had the problem since. Fingers crossed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, nothing I try anymore seems to work. I fault both Adobe and Kobo for making products that don't work properly, and then completely washing their hands of any responsibility when their customers have problems. Because of this unrelenting problem between Kobo and Adobe, I have been forced to start reading my library books on my apple mini ipad with the Libby app, where everything from the library downloads hassle-free. I preferred reading books on the smaller-format Kobo, but what's the point, if I can't read any library books? I will never buy Kobo again and if I never have to deal with the Adobe Digital Editions program again, I will be a very happy person. Shame on these two companies for not stepping up and solving their compatibility problems for their customers!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said indeed. Why make stuff that doesn't work properly? Have you tried my suggestions in this loooooong trail? I also think leaving an expired book or two on your Kobo and ADE helps.  This is pure superstition but the last time I cleared all the expired books I got the error again. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked for me .  I don't know why but as long as it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After months of trying to download and read books fom my library to be faced with the 'you are not authorised to read this book' - unauthourisinbg and reauthourising the reader and computer, my loccal library came up with the definintive answer!! It's not Adobe  or the library , It's Windows 11... at their suggestion I tried to download my library books as I used to on my old windows 10 laptop ... no problem whatsoever!! I've tried this several times and again no problem - it's Windows 11 that's the problem , it's  not compatable with Adobe , no one wants to high light this , but the proof is in the useage. Just try it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and this is how I fixed it (after trying tons of other stuff).  I went into the settings on my kobo (not when connected to laptop) and under "Accounts" I deauthorised my adobe account.  On my laptop, I uninstalled ADE 4.5 then reinstalled the same version.  I then connected my kobo to laptop and downloaded my books again (I did try to reauthorise my kobo on ADE but couldnt as the option was greyed out).  Then when I tried to open the books on my Kobo, it actually worked.  Not sure which of these steps actually fixed the issue, but I can now read library books again, yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines