Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to retrieve my books

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got a new computer and reinstalled Digital Editions, but I can't access my original account anymore (probably it was linked to an old email).

Results: all my books are gone.

How do I get them back?

Please help me restoring my old books, as I need them for work.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may have to first check which ID (Adobe ID or Vendor ID) were those books associated with. You may check this on the old computer form within Digital Editions by going into Help > Authorisation Information.

Accordingly, you may contact your eBook provider and get the ownership transferred to the new account.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a new pc, as said above, so the old one has crashed. But I have my name and personal details, and I have the past emails, for you to retrieve my ID and give me my books back.

Please, I urgently need them for work.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You would need to download the books again and try authorising them using your Adobe ID.

The eBooks are always hosted by the respective eBook provider, so you would need to download them again since it seems you could not copy them from the old machine.

In case you no longer have the links to the download the books, you may have to contact the eBook provider to get the download links and also have them add entitlement to the new ID on these books.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad,

this is not helping information because the old computer crashed with all the books in it, and I do not keep a list of the books that were in it, and even less a list of the providers, who would do that?

I have all my previous email addresses and personal details that I can pass on to you.

So it is very difficult for me to understand why Adobe itself can't use these addresses and details to check their archives for my past activity, and help me retrieve these books. I am sure it's easy and quick, it just needs done & I can do nothing with more info.

Thank you,

Giuliana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Giuliana,

I understand your concern, however, Adobe would not have your eBooks that you had on your old machine.

Digital Edition is an ebook reader and all your eBooks are stored on the computer or device where you use them. It is possible to sync books on multiple devices when you sign in to ADE using the same Adobe ID, however, Adobe would not have a way to get the list of these ebooks from the Adobe ID since this information is stored from an entitlement standpoint in encrypted format nor it is available in a downloadable format. Since you purchased these eBooks, you would have to check the order details of these ebooks or previous emails and contact the eBook provider to retrieve them. In case you had any data backup utility, you may check if you are able to restore the eBooks from the backup.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sharad,

I understand what you are saying, but I do not understand why Adobe can't check my email addresses and details and verify that I am a holder of a past ID account. 

Do you have details of people using your tool? If yes, can you check with my email addresses or details or name or any other info you may need about me as a user and my access to the tool, and link me to the new ID, so I can try retrieve what is lost?

All I ask is this, to link the old ID to the new ID that I have created to access support after my pc has crashed.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Giuliana,

I apologise that we do not have a way to check the list of all customers and confirm which all accounts you have and which all eBooks were tried to those accounts. Data recovery is not something that can be done using Adobe ID.

ADE is a free tool and does not stores anything in itself while entitlement information is encrypted and cannot be read.

Regards,

Sharad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines