• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nook not showing up in ADE

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I found similar posts, but no answers. I am trying to get a library book onto my Nook, but my Nook isn't being recognized by ADE, even though it is connected to my computer (I can see it in File Explorer). I have tried both the latest version of ADE and the 3.0 version, and I have restarted both my PC and my Nook with no luck.  I have attached a picture to illustrate.  I reached out to Adobe support, but they ended up redirecting me here.

TOPICS
Nook

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Don't know how to resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got done with chatting with Barnes & Noble Support.  I was instructed to uninstall ADE version 4.11 and install ADE version 3.

We had to do this a few years ago when B&N did a software update that broke whatever makes the sideloading work.  

I'll reply to this thread to let you know if it worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this already, and it didn't work for me, but let me know if it does for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Nook Glowlight Plus, so I've always had to "sideload" my library books onto the Nook.  My Dad has a newer Nook Glowlight and his will show up in ADE, and now his isn't working either.  

Right now, my PC isn't allowing me to even download ADE 3.0. 

I ordered a Kindle paperwhite last night because I'm tired of fighting with this (it seems like) every year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the same issue. At first it I thought it was my older desktop computer and tried on my newer lap top but nothing is working. ADE is now freezing when I try to download from my library account to ADE. I’ve had version 4.5 on my desktop and it won’t even open (which is the step before downloading to my NOOK). Thinking of getting a Kindle instead.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sad that the best advice in this thread is to just get a Kindle. I don't want to give into Amazon, but why do all of the library systems make it so much easier to use a Kindle?  Ugh, it is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem even though I have a new computer.

I also have an ipad with a kindle app.  So I just decided to transfer library books to Kindle.

So much easier and no headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines