• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pages are illegible or faded in Adobe Digital on my iPad

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pages are either faded or unreadable. I've deleted and reloaded the Adobe Digital app and the book and it doesn't help. The book and the app work fine on my PC.

Even the pre-loaded instruction/introduction manual from ADOBE doesn't display correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Digital Editions forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem.  It's worked for years on this iPad and now suddenly the pages are washed out, blank and/or impossible to read.  The same files work fine on my desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I contacted the book publisher and it seems to be an issue with the iOS software. They recommended using a different e-reader app. I don’t have the complete list but I purchased Bluefire and it solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I need to use ADE to read Net Galley books and they don't offer their ARCs on Bluefire.  They have their own app you can use but it doesn't allow even simple things like highlighting and is pretty terrible in its own right.  For now, I'm using that since ADE just doesn't work anymore and Adobe doesn't seem to care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I'm using the netgalley app instead also but i don't find it very user friendly at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try "dark mode".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Eddie, that worked for me. I had to set it in the app (brightness icon at bottom of screen), not in the main device settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great tip, thanks! I also see that putting it into the third "brightness" version (appears as on beige paper) seems to fix this. For me, it's more legible than the dark mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines