• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with ADE and DRM

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been using Adobe Digital Reading for years and since yesterday, when I'm trying to download a book and transfert it to my Kobo, there is always the same error saying that my tablet isn't autorized to open the book. So I've tried to redo the autorizing thing like suggested on the FAQ and by the person I spoke with on the chat, withtout success.. I even tried with a new account, to reinstall Digital Editions, but it seems like I can't transfert any book anymore, and I don't know why. 

TOPICS
Deauthorization , Kobo editions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Day 2 not being able to access any of my books on ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...it's not very nice when they don't care much about helping.

Maybe it's a software issue on their end anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this to fix problem with Kobo "not authorized to open.." error after downloading books from Library: 

Open ADE on Mac (I have a MacBook, don't know if this works on PCs as well)

Connect Kobo to Mac.

Highlight Kobo in ADE menu.

Click on little wheel above and to the right of the Kobo to open authorization menu.

Click on "Erase authorization". Kobo is now de-authorized, but ADE on your Mac is still authorized.

Select a library book that’s available to borrow from library website, click on "Download" then click on the downloaded ACSM file. The book will then open in ADE.

Click on ADE Library to see list of downloaded books.

Highlight the book you want to transfer to your Kobo. Double click to open menu, click on "Copy book to Device".

The Kobo will get authorized automatically (remember, it's connected to the Mac, and ADE on the Mac is still authorized) as the first part of the process, and then the book will tranfer to the Kobo. The authorization-download process is very quick, and it's easy to miss seeing the message that the Kobo is being authorized first.

Eject Kobo. Book can now be opened on Kobo.

Try it-- it worked for me. Hope it works for you! 

(Thanks to the Mireille at the Ottawa Public Library for sharing this fix with me. She said you many need to repeat the process periodically.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines