• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone able scroll a pdf document using keyboard in Digital Editions?

More specific: whe using zoom 2X I found no way to see the lower part of a page.
Up/Down arrows does nothing

PageUp/PageDown move the the previous/next page but not to the part of the page that is not displayed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible that there aren't thousands of people complaining about this! The PDFs are just unreadable, I am quite furious! They have 1 star on the app store, a thousand negative reviews, and no effort to fix. Appalling...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. Scrolling is painful and takes forever. PageUp/PageDown always leaves out part of page, unless I shrink the page to the point it's unreadable.

Also, Digital Editions displays fonts with square-looking edges, not nearly as sharply as you'd get looking at a PDF in Acrobat Reader. 

I purchased a fairly expensive textbook, which has basically been ruined because Digital Editions is so unsuable and clunky. Also, hilariously, the textbook is in PDF format, which you'd assume that Adobe would be able to work with smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting. Only if people register their utter frustration is there any hope that Adobe will finally do something. The more people speak up, the more they might get the message.  Might. The fact the reader is free is no excuse for this.

Some providers give you the option to download chapters as pdfs. I am not sure you can get the whole book that way, but at least you can read some chapters without going crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"The reader is free" is factual incorect.
I'll just quote the message above: "I purchased a fairly expensive textbook"
The line here is you should ask the vendor for compensation for mis-selling. I'm less intereted of the  Adobe business model. They get somehow some of the money (without merit).
Of couse Abobe have always the option of fixing their product....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines