• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony® Reader PRS-505 don't appears on Digital Edition for Mac OSX 10.5

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2008 Jul 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now, Sony® Reader PRS-505 appears on Mac as mass storage card, but in the specifications for Digital Editions, it doesn't say any think about that is not support for mac, and I would like to know if the Sony® Reader PRS-505 doesn't appears on my mac because is not supported by Digital Editions on Mac or because I have a problem. If not , Is going to be a support for it on the immediate future.
Now that Digital Editions offer support for Windows I believe Adobe have to offer parity for Mac.

Thanks very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, Sony released eBookLibrary for Mac.  I (wrongly) assumed that this would solve the problem with ADE not recognizing my 505 reader.

So, now that Sony has released support for Mac, does Adobe intend to do the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2009 Aug 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEAY!

I just got the solution (that worked for me, anyway) from a Sony support rep.

OK, you've installed Sony eBook Library v3, and Adobe Digital editions, you've set up your acocunts and authorized your computer on both of them, and you've authorized your Reader with the Sony Library application.

You go to the public library ebook download page, either through the Sony Library or just through a bookmark.

You check out a book, and open it in Adobe Digital Editions, which still won't recognize your Reader.

BUT, in the Sony Library app, you can now click "File, Import.." and go find the pdf you downloaded with the Adobe app.

On my Mac, it was in ~/Documents/Digital Editions

Import it, and drag it to your Reader.

The first time you do this, it will ask you to authorize the Reader with your Adobe ID.

Worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The response from Sony was certainly better than the one from Adobe, which I just received:

Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support and letting us handle
your issue. I am responding in reference to your web request posted on
08/30/2009 wherein you inquired about plans from Adobe to start
supporting Sony Reader on Apple Macintosh and also do apologize for the
delay in responding to your case.

Michael, let me inform you that there is no official announcement from
Adobe in this regard. I do take this opportunity to thank you for your
interest in Adobe products and would suggest you to continue visiting
our forums and website for latest news.

I hope this answers your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I tried this, but when I import the file I get "the reader is authorized to another user". any idea on how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem... I called Sony and they reset the ownership of the device and walked me thorugh getting it authorized

from the email...

"

our telephone support staff who will be happy to provide further diagnosis and assistance at: (877) 263-2863.

NOTE: Our eBook Store technical service team is available:
           9:00 am - 11:00 pm (EST) Mon - Fri
           11:00 am - 6:00 pm (EST) Sat & Sun

"

they fixed me right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines