• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This book has been returned. Loan not on record

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2015 Jan 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Adobe Dig Ed on a Windows XP computer for years with no problems.  I recently switched over to Windows 8.1, and reinstalled Adobe DE, and went through the authorization step for the computer.  Then I downloaded two books from the library, and read them with no problems.  However, the next time I tried I ran into problems.  I am able to download the books to Adobe DE.  I can open the books in Adobe DE (but it would be tough to read in ADE on the computer, because of no formating). I can copy the books to my nook, the same way I always have, and they show up in my nook.  But when I try to open in Nook, I get "Error dialog - This book has been returned.  Loan not on record".

I turned off Virus protection and tried again, with same results.

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 15, 2015 Jan 15, 2015

This is a problem with older Noons and vers 4 of ADE.  Need to uninstall ADE4.x and go back to version 3 of ADE.  Then you probably need to de-authorize vers 3 of ADE, get out of ADE, and then get back in, and re-authorize.  Then it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followup to recent post: I found another forum that told me how to deauthorize ADE 3 and then reauthorize it. I have now downloaded the book, and I'm able to open it on my Nook. Unbelievable! This was a real slog but ultimately worth it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may also help during the deauthorization step. Worked like a charm for me when trying to get the newly installed ADE 3 working.

Removing the Adobe Digital Edition authorization when it fails (erase authorization) – Feedback and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

I tried downloading Adobe DE 3, but since I am on the latest OS system (Mojave), it tells me that this app is not optimized for my system and doesn't allow me to complete installation and usage. Any alternative solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply, friendofbirds, but I just ran into the problem on my older Nook and Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave (because I had foolishly upgraded to Adobe DE 4.5.11 in preparation for upgrading the OS to Catalina). I was able to install Adobe DE 3.0 after I moved ADE 4.5.11 to the trash. Look for something like a "continue anyway" button. I guess no Catalina for me as long as my elderly Nook holds up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know these comments and suggestions are rather old, but I'm still using the original Glowlight Nook and am having this problem downloading books from the library. I've now uninstalled Ver. 4, but I can't find anyway to install an older version from the Adobe Digital Editions website. I have a new computer, so I don't have an older version on it to go back to. Can I download the older version? Where do I find it? Am I going to be forced to buy a new Nook now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mysteriously, I just started experiencing the same issue on my Glowlight, even tho it worked fine on ADE version 4 last month. Maybe it's particular books/publishers/drms? But the good news is that I found the site for version 3: https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html so I tried it.

Unfortunately, I can't easily install the required .net service pack because I'm running Windows 10. Rather than try the complex steps to fix that issue, I'm just gonna read the book on Overdrive on my phone. Sigh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue after taking a book out from a new library. My super old Nook has been doing fine with other .epubs that I've bought or borrowed. But for me these steps still worked -- I used that same page linked by @unstrung to download v3 onto Windows 10, I wasn't prompted to install any .net packages, and everything worked just fine after I followed the de-auth + re-auth instructions above. Hope others have the same luck!

Heads up for anyone on Mac, I first tried on my Mac running Big Sur, but the old v3 no longer runs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines