• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User not activated - MAC - library book help

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the answer on these forums.  My ADE is recognizing my nook.  I could transfer borrowed library books to my nook in ADE.  I could see the book in my documents on my nook.  However, when I try to open the file it says "user not activated".  I know that my nook is activated and I know that ADE is authorized so someone PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong before I commit myself into a mental institution.  I'm seriously contemplating returning this stupid thing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2011 Aug 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did this and now when I try to drag my book onto my nook I get a new error message: No permission to copy document here

What do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, this happened to me. You have to return the book that you

have to the library and then take it out again. It's because you already had

the book when you changed the ADE files. I don't know exactly why, but it

worked for me. I have had no problem taking out any books since then. Hope

this helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'no permission' message relates to the digital rights that have been

assigned to the ebook by the publisher. You can look at those rights by

displaying the item information for the ebook via ADE.

In Library mode, put your cursor on the name of the ebook (or the avatar

that's displayed) in the right hand panel. A small arrow will appear. Put

your cursor on that arrow, and a drop-down menu appears, with the choice for

'Item Info'. Click on that line and the item information (ebook header)

will appear on the screen. The publisher's permissions are in the middle -

and if they have not assigned permission to copy the ebook to another

device, it will say that.

There's no fix for this - that's the way the ebook comes to the provider -

and to you. With no copying permission, you can still read the ebook on

your computer, though.

==================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know you posted this years ago,  tu this worked perfectly for me.  I am going to try to post to other boards because there have been so many others looking for a solution like I was. I’ve been working on this for 2 weeks now and am so glad I found this post! The only thing I would add is what another user mentioned about removing the book from the library in adobe ade and then downloading again before dropping into the nook.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..thank you!!! Got it working now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm glad this worked for everyone.

I'm a guy, but this is my wife's account.  I purchased the nook for her for Christmas and spend more time than I would have liked researching the forums for answers.

I have a little bit of a background with Unix from college, which is how I know the commands to type on a Mac.

Pretty pathetic that someone would need this background in order to effectively set up their nook.

Anyway, glad I could help.  I usually just troll around for answers on the internet, but because it took me SOOOO long to get this right and I couldn't find a real answer anywhere, I posted the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2011 Jan 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, SGinese, I hope you can help again. If you can't, no worries. But I've been reading happily since your remed a month or so ago, but now, all of a sudden, ADE won't let me transfer books to my nook. No error message or anything. It just has a little red "x" when i try to drag & drop it into my nook.

I dread calling BN customer service, which aged and frustrated me. But if you don't have a solution, I'll give them a ring. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I sorry you are having trouble with your nook. I have as well, but

you clicked on the wrong message, I am not SGinese although I did read

some of his/her comments.

Good Luck

Richard Clemens

Oh, SGinese, I hope you can help again. If you can't, no worries. But I've

been reading happily since your remed a month or so ago, but now, all of a

sudden, ADE won't let me transfer books to my nook. No error message or

anything. It just has a little red "x" when i try to drag & drop it into

my nook.

I dread calling BN customer service, which aged and frustrated me. But if

you don't have a solution, I'll give them a ring. Ugh.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so grateful that I stumbled across this forum and this thread.  I was experiencing the same problem and was very frustrated and confused.  The steps to fix the problem, tweaked for PC "language", worked perfectly.  Thank you so much for taking the time to write about this problem and the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I am encouraged to see this solution is working for a lot of people, it does not seem to be working for me.  No matter what order I authorize, activate or register my nook and ADE I still get "user not activated.  I also notice the book in my nook says "unknown author" and when I click on it I get the "user not activated" message.  Maybe the first time (i am having trouble remembering) I used the nook it ask me to activate it, but I do not seem to have gotten that again.  I can authorize my computer with ADE and I can register my nook with B & N and that is it, I never get an activation question.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE both before and after registering my nook.....nothing changes ADE works fine but I cannot get the book into the nook.

Perhaps this means my nook is defective?  What do you think,.....any suggestion would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are re-authorizIng your Nook with the Digital Editions (DE)software.

On a Mac at least, this requires removing the hidden directory and files per the original solution post. If you do not see any window for authorizing your Nook within DE after jumping thru all the hoops, then your Nook is not getting re-authorized by DE. It is my under standing this is necessary.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I deleted the hidden files and re-authorized my ADE and Nook, I had to return the books to the library and re-check them out and then everything worked fine - hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try it.

After I deleted the hidden files and re-authorized my ADE and Nook, I had

to return the books to the library and re-check them out and then

everything worked fine - hope this helps!

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it.

Make sure you are re-authorizIng your Nook with the Digital Editions

(DE)software.

On a Mac at least, this requires removing the hidden directory and files

per the original solution post. If you do not see any window for

authorizing your Nook within DE after jumping thru all the hoops, then

your Nook is not getting re-authorized by DE.  It is my under standing

this is necessary.

Hope that helps.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! you have no idea how much this helped.

I have spent about 3 hours on the phone with Barnes and Noble tech support mostly because they didn't speak english, but it was so frustrating! After that they just told me it was adobe and I spent 2 hours on the phone with them!! This saved me, and let me use my nook like I want!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines