• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE installed on new computer will not accept previous Kobo *.ascm files

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new desktop (Windows 10) after my old one died. I installed ADE and authorized my new desktop. When I try to copy over 100 *.ascm files of books I'd bought from Kobo.com, and that were on my "backup drive", ADE gives error message:

"Unable to download

Error getting license. License Server Communication Problem.

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED-BY-ANOTHER_USER"

I then bought another book on Kobo.com; back in "My Books", I then clicked on "Download" and again on "Download" and was offered the option of "Read in ADE". When I clicked on that, the book *was* accepted into ADE's library.

Is there any way of getting my over 100 titles that *were* in ADE (on old computer) back into ADE on new computer?

Thanks.

Dave

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, again. This is not really a "reply" but, rather, a "follow-up". (I hope I'm not contravening practice on this forum...)

I should have mentioned in my initial query that I had already tried de-authorizing and then re-authorizing my computer on ADE; I’d also tried completely uninstalling ADE and installing a brand new download of ADE_4.5_Installer.exe from Adobe’s website, and then authorizing my computer on that copy of ADE… No luck. My earlier purchases through my account on the Kobo website still didn’t work.

However, I yesterday had a very unexpected experience.

• I opened my Kobo account on my computer, and clicked on “My Books” and saw the list.
  • I intended to run the “test” one more time, and so opened ADE.
  • Quite suddenly, ADE began to “populate” with the 175 books it seemed to recognize from there – rather than, I believe, from the C\\...MyDigitalEditions folder into which I had stored the *.acsm > *.epub files on my old computer, and which I’d restored from the remote backup I’d kept. (Note that I’d purchased three additional books after the “problems” and had downloaded them into that folder, and then had them accepted by ADE.
  • ADE then slowly and successively “fulfilled” each of them, a "task" of several hours.
  • It seemed to overwrite all of the files.

I might also mention that I'd heard from Kobo's support team, to whom I'd also posted a query, that they'd received quite a number of requests regarding problems with ADE's latest version, 4.5.9.

I hope this info proves useful to others.

Cheers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines