• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Books I keep deleting keep syncing to my library. How to delete them?

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I would like to delete my files from the cloud in my abdobe digital editions library. On my iphone they keep reappearing right after I delete them. I have tried deleting them from the folder "my digital editions" in my documents on PC but it doesn't do anything. I have also tried installing older versions of abdobe digital editions but that did not work either. Can someone from staff delete the files from the cloud for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem and Adobe help says they do not support my device and sent me to this community site. No help at all. Interesting to hear someone else has the same problem at exactly the same time I have encountered the problem. What has Adobe done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a CloudSync problem. I had the same problem and after much trial and error managed to delete them by going into My digital editions in documents in my computer and going into the CloudSync folder and deleting the files there. Then going back into ADE and removing the eBook from there. Close the ADE and hopefully when you reopen it, the reappearing books should be gone. Another way to do this is to right click on the unwanted book in ADE. Go into item info. Where it says location, click on the arrow which takes you to the documents file in your computer and highlights the unwanted book. Short cut is go into  Open in explorer instead of item info ( it's the next one down the list). This takes you to documents/CloudSync folder and highlights the file of the problem book. Delete the file. Go into ADE and remove the book. Close ADE and you might be lucky and find the book is gone. It is clearly a CloudSync problem and Adobe must have changed something in their systems as my problem with this happened in the same week as yours and I had been using ADE for over a year with no problems until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A years-old suggestion was to uninstall v4.5 and use v4.0 which I did and that seems to have resolved the issue. I can still get ePubs from the public library (as of Jan, 2022).

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/digitaleditions/ADE_4.0_Installer.exe

Sorry; don't have the Mac link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines