• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

digital editions not recognising my ereader

New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following a memory problem with my computer, I had to reload all my apps. I was previously running Digital Editions version 3 without any problems, but upgraded to version 4.5.  when re-installing. Now it doesn't recognise my ereader (Sony PRS-505) when I connect it to the computer. Can anyone suggest a resolution or explain (simply, not too computer literate!) what I am doing wrong. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you try to uninstall 4.5 and install 3.0 again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this and my reader is still not being recognised. DE says my computer is authorised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you used reader for pc in the past?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have always used this reader, and have used this computer for about 5 years with no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony Reader seams only work with Reader for pc and not with Digital Edition. If you install that reader for pc again it should work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for your help, Nanaky. I installed Reader for PC and that resolved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines