New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am opening one of my pdfs I get an error:

"Unable to open [document name]
Errors were encountered in this item
file:///[path to the document].epub"

From what I've seen from the forums it's a pretty popular error and there is absolutely no functioning and proper solution to that. Has anything changed? Can anyone provide a good solution to the problem?
I can open two of my pdfs, but other two get that error. On the other side I can open all of my pdfs just fine on the other computer, where I am using the same version of Digital Editions. So what is wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has ben an on-going issue for quite some time. There seems to be no universal fix, which doesn't make any sense. Some people have found round-about, confusing ways to fix it but it is only temporary and then it only works once. In my opinion, kobo is in cahoots with adobe telling them not to fix it so we have to buy books to use our products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is, that I've paid 60 bucks for this book in a legitimate way... And now it works on one device, but not on the other. I'm supposed to be able to use it on six devices. Other books from the same source (that I also did pay for) are working just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any luck with this. Because I am getting this error 3 years later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines