• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors were encountered in this item

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded 3 books I bought today - they downloaded to digital editions with no problem. However, when I tried to open them, or copy them to a device, it errored and wouldn't do it. The account is authorised, the device is authorised. I have tried re-downloading which has not changed the outcome. Is this a digital editions problem, or a file problem with the actual book?

deerror2.jpg

deerror.jpg

TOPICS
Download

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Screenshot 1: Please ensure your ebook is present in the location shown in error dialog.

If yes, Quit ADE and launch again.

Try to open the book again

Screenshot 2: "CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED"

Please check the following:

1. Open the file in Adobe Digital Editions.

2. Go to File -> Item Info

OR

1.Select the file thumbnail in ADE library

2. Right click and click on "Item Info"

Check under permissions, Copying permission

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.
The ebook is present in the location shown - I've tried quitting and relaunching, I've tried re-downloading from kobo with no luck.
I can't open the book in ADE at all, it won't even open on the computer to read.
I've downloaded the kobo desktop app and I can read the file fine there, but I want to be able to put it on a device to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure  ADE is currently authorized with credentials that was used during book download.

You can also try one more thing:

1. First take backup of the particular ebook that you are trying to open

2. Now, Copy the ebook from My Digital Editions folder to some other location in your machine.

3. Launch ADE, Go to File->Add to library.

4. Give the path as new location where you copied the ebook.

Ebook should get added to library. Now try to open the book.

Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every item in my Adobe Digital Editions library today has "unknown permissions" errors.  Would ADE like to repay me for the money I expended on those books?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like something went wrong with ADE. Same thing happens to me, and there is no direct contact to the support team because this software is free! I did spend a lot of money on my study material which is only readable on ADE and it is frustrating that I need those study material now to prepare for my exam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Fwiw, Uninstalling and reinstalling ADE seemed to do the trick--even tho it was ostensibly the same version.

I have certainly had a bunch of problems with digital management (permissions, authorization, etc.)  over the years. Enough to make me very reluctant to buy any more books through Google play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It solved the problem for now. Interesting, I tried reinstalling it yesterday, it didn't work. But it works now.. I don't like this application, especially the app on iPad. But it seems no choice if my study material only allowed to be read on ADE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it works if I change the date to March 17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helped me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines