• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I open ADE: E_AUTH_BAD_DEVICE_KEY_OR_PKCS12

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there are lots of posts about this error and I have basically the same problem - try to open a book and get this error.  So I try to deauthorize my computer and it won't let me.  I go to the registry delete the file I'm supposed to and then I'm able to authorize my computer again and able to download the book.  The problem is that this happens EVERY single time I plug in try to download a new book to my Kobo.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled ADE multiple times.  Running Windows 10. 
This is getting completely ridiculous; I should not have to edit the registry and go through this chaos every time I want to read a new book.

Is there a permanent fix???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add more details:
I am using my Adobe ID to authorize my computer and Kobo.
The books I'm downloading are directly from the library/Overdrive (.acsm files).  I delete the downloaded files after I get the error and try to deauthorize my computer.  The same thing happens whether my Kobo is plugged in prior to opening ADE or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here, Windows 10 too. It's been almost a week since I first tried to resolve this problem. I'm following this post!!!

So far, I've tried this: 

For Windows:

1. Choose Start > Run.
2. In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
3. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept

4. Right-click the Adept key (folder) and choose Delete.
5. In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.

But the problem is I don't find any adept key folder when I try this manoeuver. I'm feeling like it takes a computer science degree to deal with this and I think it should be way simpler.
It's very complicated just to read a e-book I purchased and that I cannot even have access.  
Unfortunately, I don't have any solutions, but I have the same problem that I really would like to resolve. 
Hope someone can help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is beyond frustrating.  I ended up spending another 2 hrs fighting with ADE and my Kobo.  It then started adding multiple copies (13!) of the book to my library when I downloaded it from the library.  That was after clearing my cache, temp folder, cleaning the registry and deleting any other remaining files of anything related to ADE or any kind of book file.  Rebooted, reinstalled and the issue just got worse and then when I COULD get a book on my Kobo, it kept saying I couldn't read the book on my Kobo because it had been deauthorized.    I ended up downloading ADE 3.0 and that seems to be working as I responded to another post.
https://www.adobe.com/support/digitaleditions/downloads.html

It shouldn't be such a battle to be able to read a book!  Feels like the Hunger Games or something!27412393.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here's a screenshot of the Adept folder in my registry - in case this helps you at all:Reg.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there! 🙂

Thank you so much! Which version of ADE did you have? I have the 4.5. You downloaded the 3.0 and you are now able to read your e-book as I understand! If it's still the case, props! 🙂

Is it a problem to have two versions of the same program on a PC? I wouldn't want to lose the ebooks I already have in the 4.5 version.

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines