"Double-page View" menu option greyed out

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem with Adobe Digital Editions. I would like some help with my problem.

I want to look at a PDF using Adobe Digital Editions. (I'm on a Mac.) I got the PDF from the Internet Archive, so it was formatted as an ACSM file at first. I want to see two pages of the PDF at the same time. When I click on the "Reading" menu, there is an option called "Double-page View" that I want to click on. However, the text of the "Double-page View" option is grey, and I can't click on it. I want to know how to make it so I can click on the option, and see two pages of my PDF at the same time.

I wanted to get help for my problem from Adobe's support. I tried using the online support tool, and I tried calling customer support on the phone, but neither of them could help me. Both times I tried, I was told to try the "adobe support community forums" instead, so I am posting here. No Adobe employee will ever read this so this was a fundamentally worthless exertion of effort but I guess if anyone here has, like, an uncle in the division of the company that actually supports customers, send it over to him?

TOPICS
ACSM files, DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, sure hope someone from Adobe reads these things!  Or at least a knowlegable community ADE user. 

I'm having the same problem, the "Double-page view" option is grayed out.  I was able to use it on several books this month, including last week.  (Using ADE 4.5.11 on Windows 10 laptop, then and still).  Now I can only get single-page (default) view.  All the books were borrowed from the same source library, and downloaded as EPUB type.  I can still get a 2-page view when reading in my browser, but no-can-do on my copy downloaded to ADE.  Is there a fix?  Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more