• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reading experience on Macbook & iPad: scrolling is too slow on Mac, cannot zoom in or out on iPad

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am borrowing an ebook to study from home at the moment because I have no access to the physical textbook. The ebook only opens with Adobe Digital Editions, and while it looks like a pdf file, I really have a horrible experience with ADE on both the Mac and my iPad.
I cannot scroll through the page(s) with the app on my MacBook 2016 (macOS Catalina 10.15.4). It's incredibly slow that makes reading even one page impossible. Also, the page displayed randomly jumps around. I clicked on a specific chapter to go there, and while I'm there it randomly jumps onto the last page of the book.

I tried downloading ADE app from the App Store and the book onto my iPad Mini 2. When I open the book, at first it works okay, but then it gets zoomed in and I cannot do anything to zoom out. It just freezes there until I close the app completely and restart it. Also if I zoom in to anything, I cannot zoom out anymore.

Just horrible, horrible experience with ADE so far, this is why I have downloaded and deleted and again have to download just because of proprietary licenses.

TOPICS
ACSM files , DRM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola

Hola ma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have any fixes for these issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines