• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS is displayed

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I launch Adobe Digital Editions to authorize my Kobo Aura H2O, the error E_ACT_TOO_MANY_ACTIVATIONS is displayed, indicating that Limit of number of machines allowed per ID Reached. But I didn't activate Digital Editions over six devices. I contacted the Customer Care to ask them to have the activation count reset, but they did nothing and just asked me to come here to solve the problem. I can't read books on my Kobo. It's so annoying! What can I do now?

Screenshot (7).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe doesnt want help you or other people. Have the same problem no answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, have spent hours trying to resolve it and nothing. My kobo is useless now since it's just for library books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ist hier überhaupt jemand von Adobe. Bis jetzt keine Antwort erhalten.
Here's anyone from Adobe. No response yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, and read a lot about it but someone at adobe needs to reset my account or increase the number of devices.

So Adobe please help me with a well known problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahaha the Adobe help service is ridiculous, I will have to open a fresh account just to download a new ebook since I have TOO MANY ACTIVATION and no one in Adobe cares to help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up and made a new account, and can read on my kobo again.

Adobe customer service is a joke. If they aren't willing to help with this issue, they should remove the authorization limit or institute a way for us to reset it ourselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I had the dreaded 'too many activations' problem too after my old Kobo died. I was able to get this fixed through Adobe's Chat facility today. The support person increased the allowable number of activations for my adobe id and I can now download library books to my new Kobo via Digital Editions. What a relief!

I had read through this forum before trying the Chat facility, so was very worried beforehand, but it all worked out fine for me.

I went through the Adobe UK website, clicking on 'Support', then 'Contact Adobe', 'Account Issues', 'Adobe ID and signing in', 'Show me my contact options' and then 'Chat'.

If you try this route, be patient. You will be asked stuff such as contact telephone number that seems irrelevant. You will be passed from the initial contact person to 'the relevant department', and there will be pauses while the conversation goes quiet. As an example, "I need to look up the details" took several minutes. Finally, (hopefully!), you'll be asked for your email address (meaning your adobe id), and then hopefully get the message that the number of activations has been increased. I checked that I could authorize my new Kobo while I was still online in the chat session. It worked immediately, but I did have to re-download my Overdrive library book before Adobe Digital Editions let me copy it to my Kobo.

So, it does work. Good luck everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you! I went the same route through chat and 1.5 hrs and 3 representatives later, they just told me to come back to the forum  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same here and still waiting for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you make a new account? I deleted it and reinstalled it and it to my old account immediately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to aadl55136037:

I made a new OverDrive account and used that to authorize ADE. It worked after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I had the same problem. I downloaded the Adobe Digital edition app on several devices and then ereased it from all of them except my pc. Then my Kobo gave me the E_act_too_many_activation error and I eventually found out how to solve the problem. I downloded again the app on the devices and select "withdrawal the authorization" (I didn't do that when I cancelled the app) and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines