Highlighted

Unable to download ebooks in Adobe Digital Editions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since the last two days, I encounter the following error message from Adobe Digital Editions every time I try to download any ebook from Open Library...that is, when I double-click the ACSM file:

"Unable to Download

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ADEPT_NO_FULFILLMENT_REQUEST"

I've already tried uninstalling and then re-installing ADE. I've also tried to "Erase Authorization" and then re-authorized my computer. But the error persists. Please help!

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to download ebooks in Adobe Digital Editions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since the last two days, I encounter the following error message from Adobe Digital Editions every time I try to download any ebook from Open Library...that is, when I double-click the ACSM file:

"Unable to Download

E_ADEPT_NO_FULFILLMENT_REQUEST"

I've already tried uninstalling and then re-installing ADE. I've also tried to "Erase Authorization" and then re-authorized my computer. But the error persists. Please help!

TOPICS
ADE authorization

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 09, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has you check if other eBooks work?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I've been downloading ebooks from Open Library using ADE for almost 6 months but never faced any problems.

Yes, I've tried downloading other ebooks as well. But the moment the ACSM URL link opens, an error message always pops up. Apart from the above message, sometimes it says either of the following:

"E_ADEPT_NO_FULFILLMENT_RESULT" 

OR

"E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TYPE_UNKNOWN"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADEPT DOCUMENT TYPE UNKWOWN get i only if my firewall blocked the file in the acsm url..Has you check if any securty Software blocked the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 1
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on my new Mac! my error message is a little different. Unable to download

E_ACT_NOT_READY

My new computer is authorized!

I tried other .acsm files! With the same results. Contacted my library! They suggested this forum.

Sorry, I can help with a solution!

Is there someone out there that can???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 1
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolved the error not_ready try this:

quit Adobe Digital Editions.

Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash.

If you are using 10.7, see https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 1
tutor121 LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps you presented solved my downloading problem! THANK YOU!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the staff ever look at these posts? Does ANYONE--users or tech support--know how to help me with this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely enough, the error messages no longer appear from today and I am able to download the ebooks with ADE. And I did not tinker with anything at all!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seams that the download server has a short problem. 😕

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 0