• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2d text from label not sharp enough

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to use Dimensions to render health supplement products.

I paid for a decent 3d bottle from the Creative stock. (Wish someone would design more bottle types )

The issue is having is when i import the high rez product label, and do the render, the text on the rendered image is not quite sharp enough. The text is quite readable, but i wish it were sharper, especially for the supplement facts panel with all the ingredients.

Any suggestions?

Or is this a limitation of the software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

There is a known issue with decal resolution and the way it's composited into the base material textures that limits how large it can be in a very complex/unintuitive way.  Increasing decal resolution won't increase the final quality render.  At this time there's really no very clear way to make decals sharper, it's an architectural thing on our end we need to fix, and is on the to-do list!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is decal resolution? Did you use "High" resolution rendering mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I did use the high setting for the rendering.

The file i used was the same one we hand over to our label printing company to actually print the labels, so I'm sure it's high rez, but will double check to be sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a known issue with decal resolution and the way it's composited into the base material textures that limits how large it can be in a very complex/unintuitive way.  Increasing decal resolution won't increase the final quality render.  At this time there's really no very clear way to make decals sharper, it's an architectural thing on our end we need to fix, and is on the to-do list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the comment. Do you have an approximate ETA on when the fix will be in the pre-release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not in development yet, we had some other architectural changes that are being worked on now.  We're probably still a few months out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the right solution would be editing decal in PS after rendering PS file from Dn. That can be a solution may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Add a 4096x4096 solid color image to the material's base color.

Dimension changes the decal's resolution to the material's resolution, so increasing the resolution of the material also increases the decal's resolution.

screenshots: Re: Decal's text looks pixelated when rendered

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines