• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D imported logo changes colors to gray

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I created a 3D logo in Photoshop. The logo has 2 colors. I export it as 3D/Export 3D Layer/ wavefront(original format).  When I import the 3D logo in Dimension, the logo becomes all gray and any texture I add to the logo will cover it entirelly. How can I import a 3D logo maintaining its colors, or is it possible to just select parts of the logo in Dimensions in order to fix the colors? Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

your model has no textures on it [just a default material] so Dimension shows it all as gray

the best fix now is to just use the magic wand tool to select faces within Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

original format = what, Png, Jpeg, Bmp or something else?

without a file we can't help you much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I worked from a psd file, and exported as wavefront(original format), with the end result being a .obj file. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share your exported OBJ with textures to test? Thx. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Here it is the link to the file I exported. Thank you! https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvmhzywe11i5t7h/test.obj?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your model has no textures on it [just a default material] so Dimension shows it all as gray

the best fix now is to just use the magic wand tool to select faces within Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines