• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dimension Character Modeling

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new to Adobe Dimension and I have just purchased the creative cloud bundle. From what I have heard dimension is good for product mockups, but I am a game designer and I want to make characters for my game. Can someone send me character modeling tutorials, or should I invest in a different software?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Adobe is about 10 years behind in 3D\4D and something of a dead end for game design

for good character modeling tutorials I'd start with Fuse ones https://community.adobe.com/t5/fuse-beta/create-better-skin-textures-in-adobe-fuse-video-tutorial/td-p/10834150

Dimension is ok for simple mock ups that don't include things like rain or smoke... I enjoy making images with it

steampunksteampunkViking_B_Noble copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is about 10 years behind in 3D\4D and something of a dead end for game design

for good character modeling tutorials I'd start with Fuse ones https://community.adobe.com/t5/fuse-beta/create-better-skin-textures-in-adobe-fuse-video-tutorial/td...

Dimension is ok for simple mock ups that don't include things like rain or smoke... I enjoy making images with it

steampunksteampunkViking_B_Noble copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also try Mixamo https://www.mixamo.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fuse is getting discontinued though unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hence why I said Adobe is something of a dead end mate... if you want to get into game design then you have to be willing to try a lot of temp software that the bigger guys like Adobe and Autodesk don't keep up with

the other option I like for character making is the Iclone system but its aimed more at animation and not cheep, however Fuse characters do transfer into it with 3dexchange so there is that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dimension isn't designed for complex modeling. That would be like trying to use Lightroom to create vector graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines