• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Dimension Export Problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i hope someone can help me... I tried to export my work from Adobe Dimension in .obj and other formats, but when i do the program only load exporting for few hours (im sure if waited more will pass years, lol). So i ended uninstalling it, because i pissed off and wasted my time... So decided to use Blender. The problem is that i can't import .dn file now. So... Can someone who use Adobe Dimension to export the model in .obj for me, please...  I believe there are good people who will help to one beginner in 3D modeling for free. 🙂 

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Your Dimension file is huge! Mostly down to large materials you have used, those on their own are 1.4 GB. When I exported to OBJ Dimension was using 18 GB of memory. Fortunately, I have a 64 GB M1 Max MacBook Pro, and the export didn't take as long as I expected.

Your 'Normal' maps are what takes up a lot of the space. They are 1024x1024, and maybe need not be that big.

I uploaded the files, but missed selecting the MTL file. Download both of these, and put the OBJ, MTL, and materials folder, in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you put the .dn file online somewhere for us to try? Perhaps use wetransfer.com.

I'm not sure what sort of modeling you're trying to do, but you could look at SketchUp Make 2017, it's a free desktop version of SketchUp. Disclaimer... I work for SketchUp! Whatever you make in SketchUp can be taken into Dimension for rendering.

The installer is on this page: https://www.sketchup.com/download/all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there is the link: https://we.tl/t-SsfTXE6SCI.
Thanks for the advise! I hope you can export the model 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Dimension file is huge! Mostly down to large materials you have used, those on their own are 1.4 GB. When I exported to OBJ Dimension was using 18 GB of memory. Fortunately, I have a 64 GB M1 Max MacBook Pro, and the export didn't take as long as I expected.

Your 'Normal' maps are what takes up a lot of the space. They are 1024x1024, and maybe need not be that big.

I uploaded the files, but missed selecting the MTL file. Download both of these, and put the OBJ, MTL, and materials folder, into the same folder.

https://we.tl/t-JT8CLORoRD

https://we.tl/t-smJPE5fVQU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!!! I am so glad that you responded quickly and saved my work, for which I spent a lot of time! I feel lucky! I wish you all the best in your life and that things always work out for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines