Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stock models modifiable?

Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Bloody new to Dimension, I have to create a 3d-scene full of different types and sizes of bolts and nuts. Purchasing for instance this bolt model, will I be able to modify it in order to get me dozens of additional other bold types?

Thanx a lot!

https://stock.adobe.com/de/3d-assets/bolt/238616097?prev_url=detail

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes the model is an Obj file so its modifiable

I don't see you turning a bolt into a nut but you can easly make it a bolt that is; wide, thin, long or short and made out of metal, wood, glass or ice... then if you take it into a true 3D edit software like Photoshop, Blender or Maya you can change its basic shape into something else like an I bolt for example

I BoltI Bolt

quote (3d-scene full of different types and sizes of bolts and nuts)

can I ask why... like is this just a homework assignment or is it more a display for a hardware shop sort of thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input, but I can’t seem to find a tool or procedure in Dimension to modify an OBJ model the way I want 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i'm also new with Dimensions, and have the same question. I have 3d modeling softwares, so I could modify the OBJ file. 

The question is, how can I export the obj model (for example the food pouch)?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I export the obj model (for example the food pouch)?

two options;

Screenshot (4173).pngScreenshot (4174).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!! it worked perfectly!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thing is, we don't know what way you want it... only that it starts as a standard bolt

Can you post an image of what you want it to look like and then we can tell you how the get to that point mate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I mentioned before, lots of different bolts and nuts ... See the picture of just three types of them. Question is, can I modify one single »stock bolt« to match those three bolts (and much more others) with Dimension. By now I fear I can’t 😞

Schrauben.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to make edits like that you need a true 3d software like Photoshop, Blender or Maya... after they have been adjusted then you can import the models back into Dimension to rendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhm – a »true 3d software like Photoshop«? I wouldn’t know of a way in Photoshop to edit the mesh or wireframe of an OBJ as I need to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well you could use Blender or Maya if you like but yes Photoshop is the tool I reach for first and the one I would do this with... each to their own, the main point is Dimension can manipulate 3D objects but you need to edit them and that is not something Dimension can do [yet]

cut + addcut + add

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you edit a single point of an OBJ’s wireframe in Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't and its not something I normally have to do but I would use Blender for that job i.e, one single point

with Photoshop;

I generate a new mesh, limit a current mesh i.e, 40K down to 30K or merge two different meshs together

• to match a mesh i.e, a custom Fuse character where the mesh must be that number of hoz and vert for example I would use Wrap
  • to make a bulk object like a long boarder fence [with small adjustments] I'd use Maya and all three can make basic shapes so its whatever you feel happy with
  • to remove a group of meshs such as an arm I'd use Wrap and I'd use Blender if it just 10 or so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines