• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bump map on a box in Dimension

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2024 Sep 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm desperately trying to apply a bump map on a paper box to simulate a blind emboss / letterpress effect. The best I solution I found so far is applying a normal map on the Base Surface Opacity that (sometimes) creates the illusion of a bump map with my texture. 

Is there a way to do it correctly or more realistically? Here is the DN file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/06ejzjh9uv44u4cuco5rs/Package_HELPME.dn?rlkey=7uen4ye5g3q8m8fe0t7es52...

Thank you so much in advance to whoever will help me! 

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try Paper Grainy and cardboard materials that are available in Dn. There are different properties that allow to customize it. Also check Substance 3D Community Assets (adobe.com)

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Ares!

I'm actually already using the Paper Grainy material in the attached file. Can you please tell me which property should I configure and how? As I said originally, I'm getting a barely decent result applying a normal map to the Base Surface Opacity property but I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it. 

Thank you for your time! 

Matteo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For better understanding how PBS material work please review The PBR Cuide for beginners. (see links below). Also Adobe Standard Material | Substance 3D Sampler  where you can find information about each properties of PBR materials. Particularly, for Paper Grain material there several presets of Grain in Property Panel. You can also change your material resolution for enhancing render quality.

The PBR Guide - Part 1  Learn | Adobe

and

The PBR Guide - Part 2 Learn | Adobe

Screenshot 2024-09-23 202152.png

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines