Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can I Model/Create Objects in Dimension CC?

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am new to the Dimension CC program. I am just wondering is it similar to cinema 4D where you can create models and objects from scratch or is it purely for rendering existing 3D objects used from stock or created in other programs?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017
The latter.  Dimension has no modeling or creation at this time.  It is aimed for graphic designers to easily take pre-made content (stock content or assets from their 3D team at larger companies) and apply graphics, logos, and labels to the 3D shapes.  It is also a compositing app for easily adding 3D objects to 2D background images using Match Image.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latter.  Dimension has no modeling or creation at this time.  It is aimed for graphic designers to easily take pre-made content (stock content or assets from their 3D team at larger companies) and apply graphics, logos, and labels to the 3D shapes.  It is also a compositing app for easily adding 3D objects to 2D background images using Match Image.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanette,

Okay thank you for clearing that up!

I will continue using cinema 4D for modeling then.

Thanks,

[details removed by ussnorway]

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still following, I've made a video tutorial on how to create objects (.obj) in Photoshop for those not familiar with 3D interface software.

Improved video uploaded here:https://youtu.be/Oza-_6Dkz6QTutorial page with working files and mockup available:https://bit.ly/2DL0yYz3D Models for Adobe Dime...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acameron - Thank you it's helped me no end 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This video is brilliant. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines