• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Dimension

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since some days ago I started seeing an error message when I try to open Dimension. I already tried reintalling it a couple of times with no luck.

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-12 191802.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the error say Adobe Dimension files was not found in the C drive path there they should be... in could be because the files got corupted but its more likely because some software is blocking permission to read them

did you change something like adding a update or swapping out a hdd? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I removed a hard drive, though not the one where Dimension was installed on. Dimension was installed on the OS drive (C), I removed a secondary one.

I think also the reinstallation would have solved this, wouldn´t it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating on my issue...

Something weird happened, I just tried to open again Dimension and it started normally. I didn´t change anything, didn´t even restarted the computer. Not sure why it has been failing to open for many days ago, but now it seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes when you swap out a drive the paths get mucked up because the old D drive will now be the O or whatever... the old drive prob have your temp folder and it takes a system reboot to reset the files because Adobe stores a copy

anyway mystery sloved but a fresh install of Windows may be needed down the line if other software mucks up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines