Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colours changing in decal

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to mockup packshots in Dimensions. I had some testruns and it comes out OK.

Test Mockup.png

Now however, i have another button on the can and the green colour changes pretty badly. As you can see in the first image, that is more correct.

It's been a while since the first testrun and i'm not sure if i changed the colour settings to RGB/CMYK. Could this be the case?

FPS 3-36.jpg

The file in the decal:

83843005C_outline-1.jpg

I've tried adjusting the lighting but that made no difference!

I've also read that the next update could include an export setting (for 300DPI). Is there an ETA for this?

Kind regards,

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Hi,

In response to my own question:

I've changed the settings from CMYK to RGB in the original file (decal) and now the color seems to be correct!

FPS 3-36_RGB.jpg

However, on this can i have this issue on the back:

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 14.49.33 copy.jpg

This model is different from the one with a different cap. We get our 3D models supplied.

Did get a message saying:

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 14.56.11.png

I chose Replace.

Would you recommend using one single file/object, and just place the caps on different layers and turn on the correct one each time?
Or how can i go around making sure errors l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In response to my own question:

I've changed the settings from CMYK to RGB in the original file (decal) and now the color seems to be correct!

FPS 3-36_RGB.jpg

However, on this can i have this issue on the back:

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 14.49.33 copy.jpg

This model is different from the one with a different cap. We get our 3D models supplied.

Did get a message saying:

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 14.56.11.png

I chose Replace.

Would you recommend using one single file/object, and just place the caps on different layers and turn on the correct one each time?
Or how can i go around making sure errors like these don't happen?!

Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 14.51.13.png

(The other one that doesn't has this issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're going to work on adjusting the UV error messaging flow.  The problem is that it's a potential error.  it could be perfectly fine.  I would recommend skipping first and seeing if your UVs work as they were given to you, then if there is an issue you can re-load and try the replace flow.

This particular dialog shows on 3 detected issues:

• If you have UVs that are out of the 0-1 space.  In UV space 0-1 is where the texture is and anything 'outside' of that space is repeated.  It's not inherintly wrong to have it out of the 0-1 space but is most usually unintentional.
  • If you have UVs that are overlapping.  UVs that are overlapping can't have different textures applied, they will always have identical textures for whatever UVs are overlapping.  Again this isn't wrong and is often used by artists to save UV space, but often it also comes from having jumbled, bad UVs.
  • Finally it checks for large pieces of the model that have very tiny or stretched UVs where textures would look particularly bad. 

We're going to try to remove this dialog at import and make it a bit more clear when an actual problem is found.  Potential problems are hard to message!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! As i do not have a 3D background, I'm aware of the basics but that's it

Would you recommend building up our database in one file, changing the caps on the can enabling/disabling layers? So we can avoid the UV errors?

Also, when is export in 300dpi expected to be there?

Kind regards,

Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually wouldn't recommend that because Dimension isn't really very performant with many models in one scene.  It'll start to get really chuggy.  That's something we're working on as well, but I'd recommend to just import and skip the error.

Dimension doesn't currently have a sense of "DPI".  It's just pixels.  So if you want 10 inches at 300 DPI then just type in 3000 pixels for now.  We're hoping to add more direct unit controls later this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for the reply's! I'll be on the lookout for future updates from Dimensions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines