• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension not loading after welcome screen

Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to try the community before I am doing drastic measures like full CC clean up

The situation is like this:

One day I started Dimension and couldn't pass this screen

ZivoDesign_0-1609342349787.png

"Create New" "Open" and "Close window" buttons make the window stuck and force the end-task to close. One thing that grabs my attention is that it never gets to the situation where the top menu appears so I guess that's where the loading stuck and can get through.

GPU: Quadro P600

Memory: 32G DDR3

What I tried:

• Uninstall / Reinstall several times, different langs different locations
  • Uninstal / reinstall / log-out / log-in CC app
  • Update windows
  • Uninstall NVIDIA reinstall clean with updated driver
  • Install two older version same issue

What made it work:

• Create a new local user install it under the new user - Dimension loads and looks like it is working, didn't have time to work on it to confirm real-life working but it seems fine.
  • Installing a really old version worked fine on the original user, but once updated got stuck again.

I don't want to move to the new user. it's too much work I think and can break other things.

if it's a user issue then there's must be a REGISTRY or a FILE/PATH that can be cleaned or delete to solve it,

Any ideas? maybe one of you had the same issue and found how to fix it

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe added a force play video to the first time open script in order to advertise how great Dimension is... This fails for a few different reasons like codex missing or just force play being blocked

Adobe is well aware of this problem but some marketing guy approved it and we are stuck with it until he or she gets overruled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is great when it is working,

Anyway if this is the problem what is the solution and why it works on a new user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had to hack the script to say it already played once and therefor didn't need to play agian... it may not even be your issue but thats what I would test 1st

you could post your Dimension log file to the uservoice forum and see if they have any ideas... be aware of user data like email and whatnot so don't just post it as text if you don't want people to know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understand can you elaborate more?

what those it mean hack the script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hack a script basiclly means replace a zero with a one but the tricky part is knowing where to edit and for that you need to read the code so its not a good option for most people and I don't recommend non-coders try mucking about

when I joined the Acp program I agreed not to post any "how to hack Adobe" and even now that she has retired and I quit... it still feels wrong sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but I don't know why you are answering here when you know you cant share it.

also the "hack a script basiclly means replace a zero with a one" its not funny and kind of snobby

and your answer is not correct so why the system marked it as correct answer

anyway no solution here I'll reinstall all adobe from scratch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I didn't mark the answer as correct but I do agree its the most likely cause
  2. I simply answered you honestly... you asked me how I work around it and thats how I do it
I'll reinstall all adobe from scratch

ok good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I clean my system with Adobe CC cleaner and reinstall it and install Dimension and still something is wrong I cant move past the welcome screen

I seriously need help I don't mind tweaking the OS the REG etc I am a kind of pro user but I have no idea how to approach this problem and I don't want to reinstall windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines