Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension Render is Being Cancelled

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro, with 8Gb of Memory, 2.3Hz Processor, and more than 5Gb of free space on the disk. I'm trying to make a simple render of a pen I designed some time ago. When I did it, with the same machine, I did the render including 13 more objects in the scene, I'm just trying to render each item separately to make a simple animation of the items appearing, but now, the render is being cancelled automatically. I incremented the size of the final picture even doe, but the thing is that I was seeing one of the cancelled renders, and it finished, I mean, I saw the count down 'til zero, and suddenly the image was gray, with nothing to show or even to save. So, can you help me understanding this?

What should I do? Is possible to make this render with my machine specifications in high quality (5760x3240px)?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Hi Topstep, I just noticed your file

rendor = https://adobe.ly/3by6AXBhttps://adobe.ly/3by6AXB

Screenshot (1525).png

the only issue i see is that you have view1 set to nothing

Screenshot (1524).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Dimension are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try redo the 'match image' tool and set the result to match aspect ratio before you rendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This worked fine, the resolution was better and faster. The thing is it changed each item perspective, so finally I gave more space to hard drive and could make all my renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this same problem. Last 5 renders showed up cancelled upon finishing. I dont have a background image so match image tool is greyed out. Is there any other way to fix this problem?
Thanks.

Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you don't have a background image I don't see how this is the same issue but if you share the Dn file I'll take a look at it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on a Macbook Pro 2014 16gb ram, lots of hd space. No background, but won't render. I was using the cloud render and that worked until I ran out of tickets for this month. Please look at my file too. I've been taking screen grabs as a workaround, but they are inadequate quality...Help!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xudlp87XBG1fPd_4DKyb1ZyF_1HG0hbo/view?usp=sharing  https://drive.go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Topstep, I just noticed your file

rendor = https://adobe.ly/3by6AXBhttps://adobe.ly/3by6AXB

Screenshot (1525).png

the only issue i see is that you have view1 set to nothing

Screenshot (1524).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue for the past one hour. Do let us know if there is any solution to this error. The progress shows that the render is complete upto 95% and then it cancels the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I am having the same issue for the past few days.  The progress shows that the render is complete upto 95% and then it cancels the process. I have attached a link below to the file for your reference. Do let me know what the issue is. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UvNjuZM4kB08Fin6wPRRD4VfHPpwRTwe

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is nothing wrong with that file

Screenshot (2).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Let me check if i can export it to some other destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I use Dimension quite intensively, doing 10-20 high quality renders a week. It's generally been working well for me on my 2019 MacBook Pro with its 2.3 GHz processor and 16GB of memory. Today, having done six renders in succession, all my subsequent renders are getting to the end and then saying 'Cancelled'. 

I've closed and reopened Dimension several times, rebooted my Mac several times, and switched it off completely for a couple of hours. I've tried to render different files. All to no avail. Each new render ends in 'Cancelled'.

As I say, Dimension typically works well for me, with renders usually succeeding, and I've been using it intensively for about a year. What might be causing these cancellations? Might it have anything to do with the recent Adobe app updates? Several apps updated on my Mac today (albeit not Dimension). 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

step 1

make a new folder somewhere on a root drive, so not inside anything else

step 2

open Dimension pick a standard background, Object etc from the default assets and [save the Dn then] do a quick rendor into the new folder you made in step 1... if that fails then share the Dn so we can test that its your system and not Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. I've been able to do more renders since my initial message but now it's stopped working again and today every render cancels.

So, as per your instructions, here's a standard background and default asset, saved to my desktop.

I've tried to render it three times, and each times it results in 'Cancelled' – This is the Dn file 

I managed to render 17 Dn files just yesterday, so there's no rhyme or reason as to why the very next day all renders should consistently fail.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confirm your Dn is not corrupt but it is however a complex rendor and you will need at least 8.5G of Ram for the first half and about 17G for the second 50% so I assume the real issue here is that you Mac just doesn't have the grunt

Screenshot (805).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again – please can I enquire how you're able to tell how much RAM is required for the render of a file? 

When I view System Requirements in my copy of Dimension, it tells me I have above the recommended requirements in each case (see below).

I have been doing this same project for over a year now and Dimension has rarely Cancelled at the end of a render until the last few weeks. It seems like this is an issue with new releases – is there a way I can log this with Adobe as a possible issue to investigate and resolve for future releases?

Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 20.06.18.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and I noticed the folder I was trying to save into used a '/' in the name. This was confusing the pathway for save which use the '/' to delinate a new folder or location. Once I deleted the '/' the issue resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution for the rendering stopping at 99%. Great discovery RDZINE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference between rendor on a large or complex image is more Ram than just the minimum needed to run the program

Yes if you want to report the results to Adobe dev team then you can see a "give us your feedback" link from the main Dimension forum page... Use a computer not a phone as the uservoice system is old and doesn't have phone friendly code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same issue and tried a few things like restarting, rendering at a lower resolution etc to no avail.

I then tried saving it directly to the disktop (rather than a folder I had setup) and it has worked fine ever since.

Hope's this helps someone, I wasted a bit of time figuring this out so it's work a go if you are getting the "Render has been cancelled" error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a server like in a school \ work place?

thanks for posting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had the same issue and this solution worked for me too - I just saved directly to the desktop and it finally worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines