• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimesion vs. Stager. The UV's generations

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, recently I see that Dimension does not generate UVs correctly compared to Stager. For the same object created from scratch with both programs (a 50x185x50mm block), Dimension generates the UV wrong while Stager does it perfectly. Once the UV has been worked on in Photoshop, when generating in PNG Dimension, it is not capable of adjusting it to the block, and yet that same PNG Stager adjusts it perfectly. Two months ago this did not happen and Dimension generated them well, I can assure you. I work with simple objects simulating packaging.

Why is this happening?... I don't want to think that they are making Dimension stop working properly.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't any changes (as I am aware) in UV  generation for Dn during last 2 months. We can test if you describe your workflow steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attach the example. This 50x50x185mm box is a simple structure. The UV has been generated and then the same UV has been exported in PSD. The result is not correct.
I can't check it with Stager anymore because my 30-day trial has expired, but when I wrote the first post I did the same test in both programs and Stager correctly generated the development of the prima. The fact is that this was not the case in Dimension a few months ago. Dimension generated it correctly. Now, as I could see.

The forum is curious. It won't let me attach the Dimension file to the PSD if it lets me. I have to put it by Wetransfer

https://we.tl/t-DpnNDlWDYf

expires a week

Thanks for answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending file. Yes there is some restriction  in forums for attached files.

Here is screenshot of 2 Exported UV psd files and they look similar as for Dn as well for Stager. The Dn file has been opened in Stager. Before opening Stager convert it to SSG file type. I can't mention any difference. They look similar.  My both apps are up date. It difficult to say why you get different uv's.

Screenshot 2022-05-09 153952.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't quite understand the result in any case. I expected the development of a prism with 4 faces of 50x185mm and the upper part of 50x50mm and the base of 50x50mm. With that development generated by the programs... how can I use a skin like the one I need? (shifting the faces as needed in Photoshop). What both programs generate is rather the development of a cube, not the object I need. how do i adapt the skin? I'm confused.

https://we.tl/t-1NzJz6rz9W

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, the development that my Dimension generates for me is the following. That is not the same as the one that generates you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. What I doing is: Select object and then Export UV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already have the solution to the problem I raised. If we keep the prism as a CUBE and modify its dimensions in the area that I have marked in red, the UV is not generated correctly (it is generated as if we had a cube with identical faces). If we modify the measurements in the area that I have marked in green, the UV is generated correctly as a prism with faces of different sizes. I am attaching the UV that Dimension generates and that seems correct to me now.
What I don't quite understand is what difference there is between modifying the proportions in one area or another.

Thank you for your answers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines