• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distorted Graphic Label on Model

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get labels to display properly on a custom OBJ that I made in photoshop. These fractured wedge shapes keep appearing no matter what I do. I did the "Generate UVs" command in Dn, and that cleaned some things up, but still having this issue.

The OBJ was created from an extruded PSD Work Path (screenshot attached). When I play with "Extrusion Depth" in photoshop, that seems to alter the label distortion in Dn, but all setting adjustments still causing issues like this.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a quick path with the magic wand tool should do the trick

Screenshot (4431).pngScreenshot (4432).png

• select the middle
  • give it a new {any different} material
  • place your decal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response. I've tried that trick a few times today, and am still having the same issues. The distortion is less, but still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share the Dn file with the graphic and I will test it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try a work around?Screenshot (1096).png

steps:

• add a plane
  • make the corners round
  • convert to standard object and place on top of your lid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Ussnorway . That trick worked well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dose your object looks correct (without wedges) in PS? here is screenshot of the object that have been created from your path image (created from layer) after removing white background and Bending it horizontally in Ps. The material has been applied in PS

Capture.JPG

Also please review my vidio about exporting UV in Dn. May be that can help to solve your problem

https://youtu.be/jFFqWHD3Q_4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Generate UV in PS and Export your object as OBJ. Then import into Dn. The right one is without plane that @Ussnorway suggest and we can see wedges on label. The left one have plane placed but it has been placed higher that your walls of the object. I think that thay are shades from walls created by lights. On my next image you can see objects after render preview and that wedges are not visible.

Screenshot 2021-02-06 213240.jpg

after render

render.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines