• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU rendering

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m using a nVIDIA GTX 1070 (441.87). How can i switch to GPU rendering?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

it doesn't set Gpu rendor but just which system Gpu to start with... by default Dimension is made to run on Mac and so only uses the system CpuGpuGpu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find any possibility to define the video card setting in the context menu of the program icon...I´m using W10... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imo he is asking about setting the Gpu rendor ... there may or may not be a post about it in the prerelease forums, I don't spend any time in there now days

there is zero help documents about v3.1 so there is no point to reading them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't set Gpu rendor but just which system Gpu to start with... by default Dimension is made to run on Mac and so only uses the system CpuGpuGpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually work with AD version 3.2.1 and tested the render settings. I´ve updated my GTX1070 with the latest drivers... In my test it takes 1 minute to render a image with the onboard GPU. After the change to the GTX it takes the same time. And I can not see high performance on the GTX1070 while rendering...  

Unbenannt.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with out knowing the file there is no value to your test but I would not expect there to be a difference between Gpu time on a file that only takes 1 min to rendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent numerous hours speaking to Adobe tech support and still have no answer, I recently used Adobe Dimension and it gave me the option to use my graphics card (GPU) to render, it worked fine for a couple of renders then the option completely disappeared from the EDIT > PREFERENCES menu. The guys at Adobe were no help whatsoever, they thought it should be there, after they remotely looked at my menu and saw it was not there, they hung up and did not solve my issue. This is by far the one downfall of Dimension, rendering software which is using the processor is just not useable at all, rendering times are way too long. When will this be solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would assume you updated your Gpu drivers at some point which is going to be why Dimension Gpu-rendor stopped working i.e, Adobe only allowed for that single driver... if this is your error then rolling back to the old Gpu drivers will get it working again

p.s, yes it was reported many times but Adobe is a big place and Dimension is only a small team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Adobe thought it was my old drivers as it didn't work with those,
so Adobe technician remotely controlled my pc and updated the drivers, the
GPU rendering option is still not there, I believe I must have been using
Adobe Dimension Beta which seems to have that option but I cannot find
anywhere to download it. Why would the option automatically delete from the
menu? I have seen videos on YouTube of people switching the option on but I
do not have that option. Adobe have not helped and I have not got any
answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I must have been using
Adobe Dimension Beta

as in the prerelase beta build? if you have that installed on the same Windows system as the public build of Dimenion then you lost the option when upgrading to 3.3 i.e, the currect thing to do is remove public builds of Dimension before installing prerelease Dimension... you can download prerelease builds from the uservoice forums and there is a link to it from https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/6D4BC437-A571-40B6-B398-1D29A4A13985

p.s, no upgrading to the lastest Gpu drivers is totally the wrong thing to do... the old drivers that where around back when Dimension Gpu beta came out is the ONLY driver that currently works i.e, upgrading drivers breaks Gpu rendor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So why did 3 of your colleagues from Adobe tech support all go into my
system remotely and upgrade my drivers, you are the first person who sounds
like he knows what he is talking about, the others seemed to be learning on
the job and didn't really know what to do.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines