• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I create a 3D label only?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a photo of a jar already and I want to create the label to add to it. I can't find a way to hide the object in Dimension and only show the label. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Ah hm... you're right. Unfortunately then this is not currently possible.  We have base material transparency overriding the decal right now.  Interesting workflow (and thanks for posting it on the feedback board).  We can keep this in mind for the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... best way to do this right now would be to make an image that's 512x512 and solid black and load that into the material's "Opacity" image.  Make sure it's on the material, not the decal.  Click on the checkered thumbnail next to the Opacity slider to open the image browser, and load the image in there.  For Opacity black = transparent, and white = opaque.  This should make the object turn invisible.

As a note, you can make feature requests in our Adobe Dimension CC Feedback Portal .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response but this makes everything disappear, including the label. I seem to be unable to separate the actions of the label from the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah hm... you're right. Unfortunately then this is not currently possible.  We have base material transparency overriding the decal right now.  Interesting workflow (and thanks for posting it on the feedback board).  We can keep this in mind for the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saw somebody else also mentioned this. It would be a great tool to add, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this since been resolved or is there another way to achieve this? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're hoping to add this later in 2018!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be an amazing feature to have.... a simple way of adding a new label to an existing visual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature seems totally necessary, and as I can tell, still doesn't exist!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can do it ... the correct workaround depends on what build you use and is Mapping graphics to form without a texture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, simplest way to achieve this is to set the base solid to a bright colour e.g. green then render it out as a psd file, and use the green channel to mask away the solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines