• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to consolidate objects in dimensions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it Posible to consolidate objects in adobe dimension into one ?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can only group them. No merging option in Dn for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ares, the thing is that i would like to avoid  to go through all the objects to change the properties, instead of doing to all of them at the same time...so if you have a scene composed with 3 or more objects that you want them with the same properties (material, roughness, trnsparency, etc...) the only solution is nowadays going through all of them ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you group them then there is the option to have them all work from the same materials yes i.e, select one of 3 balls in a set and change its material to glass = all 3 change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ussnorway! i will try, so it works once they are in a group together? or do i need to set something first?

i once did this but didnt work in a group, will try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are a few options and I think Ares made a vid about them but your main 2 are;

1 copy and paste... if the objects are more or less the same type [3 balls for example] then most people make 1 the copy paste it to get the others, when you select paste you have two types which boil down to make an phased paste i.e, linked or just a paste

the other way is to use the Sampler tool i.e, make this table use the same material as that chair... by default this makes the two things linked unless [or until] you unlink them by pressing the unlink icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess you you are talking about Past as Instanse option. Here is video

https://youtu.be/KeYNI7TOjLM

Also there is possibility to link material in properties panel for several objects.

Edit 3D objects by applying materials | Adobe Dimension tutorials

Link materials to edit them through the scene

Applying a material to multiple objects at the same time or using the Sampler tool will create a linked material.  When a linked material is edited, the change will be reflected through the whole scene. To unlink a material, use the “Break Material Link” action in the Actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines